No announcement yet.

Tree ID on old homestead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I have methley, wild, and Santa rosa plums all on one tree. Helps with pollination.

Easy and cheap way to do citrus. Plant the seeds from an orange from the store. Then graft on from a tree you already have.

Comment

I think that one is a native pear. They get normal size but remain hard. Not good for fresh eating but can be canned. I had one at our first house.

Comment

Desirable fruit is where I want to be at the end of the game.
        Right now its remove as much huisache and rosehedge and replace with something better.
        So- yes J -360 I could do the airlayering but would only gain a small diameter.
        If I can ground layer it, I may put some of the lower split branches in a big plastic tub (think cattle feed tub) that can be left for a year or so to take root.

Thanks for the responses

Comment

One thing to help success of the ground layer....wrap a single wire around the branch you are going to ground layer. Wrap it tight. Let it go three or four weeks...it will start to cut in as it grows. Then take the wire off and scar up at that point and bury. What is does is build up auxin...the chemical responsible for root formation. Auxin flows from the leaves down the cambium (or something close to that.). The wire stops it and concentrates it at that point. Not 100 percent necessary, but I've had a higher percent of success doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X