No announcement yet.

Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our place was dry enough to mow with the tractor yesterday. Only got one sit in last night. Seen some doe and a few young bucks. Looked like they were starting to chase a little. Big boys are moving at last light away from the feeders. Bumped a good 8 on our walk out. Checked the cards when we got home last night and it looks like the weather heating up turn on the nocturnal switch for them. Activity dropped once the temp came back up

Comment

Drive enough to get around on our place in south RR on the Sulphur. Saw lots of deer out and about Saturday evening and Sunday morning. This weekend through the next should be on just like every year.

Comment

Our place dries out fast, you can drive in with 4wd, and leave throwing up dust. Ready for this weekend, hope to drop the hammer on some furry critters!

Comment

I hope we don’t have the moon this weekend

Comment

We may all to swim to our stands this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It has definitely rained a lot here today. Hunting was slow for me the last two days but the younger bucks are definitely out checking the doe. Good luck to everyone this weekend and safe travels.

Comment

Headed up there on Friday, hopefully gun season will be better than my bow season.

Comment

My owner said we got another 3.25” yesterday. Good luck folks and be safe

Comment

Nice Cuthand area buck

Watched this guy for a few minutes today. Definitely a mature shooter but I don’t rifle hunt. Lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

Finally get to go up this weekend for an extended period of time. How has the movement been.

Comment

Pretty good for me. Been seeing a lot of 4ish year olds and one pretty nice 9 (mainframe 8 with split brow). Really good movement yesterday evening, mornings hit or miss and they generally been moving late. Decent 8 I had at 30 last night and last years pic of him.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy11383 View Post
                          Finally get to go up this weekend for an extended period of time. How has the movement been.
                          I’ve been meaning to ask, are you east or west of the high fence “ranch” (Friendswood or something) on 1410?

Comment

East just past the big “s” curve

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy11383 View Post
                              East just past the big “s” curve
                              Old Cheatwood place? Or are you just off a private road with metal gate? We are less than a mile apart I think.

Comment

I would have had to stick that one at 30. Crab claws getbme every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X