• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new head I’m going to play with this year
    Attached Files

Comment

that looks like it will do some damage

Comment

Lots of good answers here. Maybe it was mentioned and I didn't see it but make sure her bow is tuned as well as possible. If the arrow isn't flying well she will lose energy and penetration. Good luck to her this season!

Comment

Never used stingers but I think your choice will do just fine for her.

Comment

will need to make sure everything is tuned. She is shooting a new bow and everything was paper tuned when we put the rest on. Getting a new string and rest coming so will do it all again. should I do it with field points or broadheads or both. pretty new to this and with her keeping within 20 yards on targets never worried a whole lot but with an animals life involved I want everything to be right

Comment

Originally posted by lk05077 View Post
              looking for recommendations on a good cut on contact broadhead my 11 year old is going after her first dear with her bow and want to make sure I set her up as based I can for both good blood trail and penetration. I bought her some deadringer freak nasty extreams that can be used mechanical or cut on contact. Does anyone have experience with this broadhead in the cut on contact mode. Do not want to have her get a good shoot but have trouble with the broadhead thanks in advance

What every you do don’t shoot a mechanical!!!!!! I would suggest any of the slick trick fixed blades. I’ve had really good luck with the slick trick magnum but that’s out of a 70 lb. triax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would shoot her field points with broad heads..... the broad heads reveal arrow flight problems quicker. If your broad heads and field points are impacting the same at 20, 30 and on then you are getting good arrow flight usually.

Comment

My girlfriend got her first deer this past season shooting the NAP Thunderhead Nitros. She is pulling about 38lbs if I recall, and we got a nice pass thru at about 18 yards, and the deer was down in probably 75-100 yards.

Comment

I think you made a fine choice with the stingers. I just walked in from testing various broadheads and fletchings at 80 yards. I brought some stingers just to see how the fletchings handled fixed blade heads in a little bit of wind. I was surprised at how well they flew. The flew as good as any head I’ve ever used. At 80 yards I could hold a 4” group with them when I did my part, which is as good as I can hold the bow so they are shooting as good as field points out of my rigs. I think that’s impressive for an affordable fixed blade head.

I’ve decided to take them out and shoot a few critters with them this year along with my other heads and see how they do for me in the field.

D

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Getting a new string in this week and one more competition then it’s hunting arrow set up time

Comment

I haven’t tried the stingers but thinking about letting my wife use them for the same reason. I really like the slicktrick magnums because they are consistent and sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by lk05077 View Post
                            looking for recommendations on a good cut on contact broadhead my 11 year old is going after her first dear with her bow and want to make sure I set her up as based I can for both good blood trail and penetration. I bought her some deadringer freak nasty extreams that can be used mechanical or cut on contact. Does anyone have experience with this broadhead in the cut on contact mode. Do not want to have her get a good shoot but have trouble with the broadhead thanks in advance
                            Hi, she can read this article its few tips on how to fire a crossbow step by step, it might also help her, here you go https://swordsswords.com/blog/crossb...-step-by-step/

Comment

Good choice on the Stingers

My daughter zipped one through a ram and a couple of pigs

I was impressed

Comment

I killed a bunch of deer as a kid shooting thunderheads. Never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X