No announcement yet.

$17k - $18k to spend on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For safety reasons I’d go with a compact suv. Higher of the ground is better if an accident happens. Those little cars are so low to the ground.

Comment

We paid right around 19K for the wife's 2017 Camry brand new.

If you have 18K, you're set.

I can't stress enough how satisfied we've been using the CarPro VIP program.

Went to the CarPro website - https://www.carprousa.com/

Hit the drop down for certified dealers, selected Austin, and picked out the Toyota dealership he had for my area.

Filled out the VIP info, got an email from the dealer with the out the door price, went over and filled out the paper work, and drove home that night with the wife's new car.

Did the same thing on a new to me Ford Expedition.

The price on for both vehicals was spot on.

No back in forth. No add ins as we went through the paper work. It was the best experience I've ever had buying a car.

Check them out. Hopefully there is a certified dearer near you.

If not, still pursue the one closest. Given this time of the year, I bet they have a car right for you they want to get off the lot.

Comment

Yup can’t go wrong with a corolla/Camry civic/accord. These are just beautifully built and with actual quality.

We have all Toyota’s/Lexus so I guess I favor them over anything. I love my tundra and at the same time, I love my 7.3s too. When it comes to quality, Toyota has them all beat. All of my (I have 4 of them) 02 7.3 trucks leak - leaking at the windshield driver cab corner and the rear window. The seams break apart and leak even further. All my Toyota’s don’t leak chit. I wish I could put the 7.3 into my Tundra haha. I think those are plenty of reasons...

Go with Honda/Toyota. Your daughter won’t worry about car trouble at all. Put quality tires on, give her your cc for fuel and oil changes and you’ll worry less. I promise!

—————signature—————
        ~Don’t overthink something simple~
        ...:uptight people suck:...

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Don't see how any car can get the nod over a corolla in that price range.

They're boring and dependable. What I'd drive if I had to buy a car
          I just went through this with my Daughter and got a Corolla.

Comment

Good Choice Yall!

Comment

Used Ford Edge.

Comment

CPO Subaru would be my choice. Probably a Crosstrek

Comment

My wife is on her third vehicle and its a Honda CRV, we had a 4 Runner and Nissan Rogue before. The CRV has been the best of the 3. We got hers for a hair under 15k used with 17k miles. I like it because I'm a bigger guy and the seat didn't feel like a cockpit when I'm driving.

Comment

Probably can’t buy a new Toyota Camry in that range, but you could pick up a slightly used one. Good mileage, reliability, and resale
                    The Subaru Legacy would be my next choice. All wheel drive with excellent safety ratings.
                    Both are considered mid sized sedans though.

Comment

Buy, sell or trade-in your car entirely online. No haggle, no pressure. Easy online financing available. Cars delivered straight to you.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                        I’ve got a 2015 Honda Civic LX 4 door with 30K miles. It’s a standard transmission but I’d sell it for $11,000.

I have a clear title in my name.
                        Thanks StrayDog. That sounds like a good deal, but I'd prefer an automatic.

Appreciate all the good info from everyone.

Comment

Nissan rouge. Brand new in your budget. I got my oldest one. My mom and sister both have one. Good cars.

Comment

Used Lexus is250

Comment

We just bought my youngest a Hyundai Tucson. It’s a little more than your budget but it has a 10 year 100k mile warranty. I think we paid right at 22k for it.

Comment

I bought my daughter a certified pre-owned 2015 Honda Civic. Only had 22,000 miles and covered under the 100K power train warranty. It was the fully loaded version and paid 16,800 plus TTL.

I’m a firm believer in the certified pre-owned vehicles and looked at several other makes and models. I was also looking at the Toyota Camry, but the majority of those are rented vehicles and we know how those are typically driven. I decided on the Honda because they are rarely used by the car rental companies.

So far, both my daughter and I have been pleased with it. And it gets 31 MPG too.

Comment

Working...
                                X