Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

I saw a big drop in the first week but I read that it's mostly water weight.then came the keto flu, which I fixed with magnesium and potassium. It's been smooth sailing since then. It rarely exceed intake goals.

My#s

Comment

Absolutely the best tasting protein powder I have ever tried. Wife got it at HEB over the weekend and we are fighting over it now.

PureLabs KetoFeed Chocolate Samoa Cream

Comment

Down from 197 to 173,[emoji106]. I need to buy new pants and belts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 09-05-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
          I’m where you’re at. Was like 229. Dropped to 223. Fluctuating at 225. Been lifting at least 3 times a week and started an ECA stack this week. Been drinking about a gallon of water a day. Thinking I need to start logging my calories. Doubt I’m getting more than 2500 a day since I’ve been drinking protein shakes pretty much through out the day. Than I do a light lunch, half a chicken breast and cheese. And for dinner some pork or beef.
          Be careful on that ECA stack.. that can cause some serious jitters if your stim sensitive.. lots of people been replacing the aspirin with yohimbine instead as a natural thermogenic.

Been hitting every morning with a bulletproof coffee and its awesome! Regular old folgers coffee, 2 hunks of butter, tablespoon of coconut oil, eyeball a little heavy whipping cream, and mct powder.. lots and lots of fat. keeps me full until lunch.

Comment

this podcast is nearly 3 hours long.. Dom is a scientist. Has done work for nasa, special forces, and is a leading researcher in SEVERAL keto studies.. its ALOT of science talk, but if you can keep it, its well worth the time to watch.

Comment

Alright y’all. I haven’t posted here in a while, but I’ve been back on Keto since July 1st after a forced hiatus (wife kicked me off of it for about 10 months not wanting to shop for two different diets)

My weight this morning was the lowest it has been in 9 years.... 149.0

I started Keto last year at 172, after exercising hard to get down from 183. So, that’s a total of 34 pounds lost, 23 of which were Keto with little to no workouts. I feel AWESOME, and I can’t wait to hunt a full season on Keto.

Does anyone have any food recommendations for hunting season? I plan to sleep in a tent or out of the truck a couple days a week from the middle of October till thanksgiving. That way, I’m not burning 3-4 hours of gas a day to drive there and back.
              I am thinking one big meal a day, and some good temperature stable Keto snacks on the stand. I know I will include almonds and macadamia nuts, probably a few packs of these as well.

I’m open to suggestions! Most fat bomb recipes won’t handle the October heat, so I have ruled them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Alright y’all. I haven’t posted here in a while, but I’ve been back on Keto since July 1st after a forced hiatus (wife kicked me off of it for about 10 months not wanting to shop for two different diets)

My weight this morning was the lowest it has been in 9 years.... 149.0

I started Keto last year at 172, after exercising hard to get down from 183. So, that’s a total of 34 pounds lost, 23 of which were Keto with little to no workouts. I feel AWESOME, and I can’t wait to hunt a full season on Keto.

Does anyone have any food recommendations for hunting season? I plan to sleep in a tent or out of the truck a couple days a week from the middle of October till thanksgiving. That way, I’m not burning 3-4 hours of gas a day to drive there and back.
                I am thinking one big meal a day, and some good temperature stable Keto snacks on the stand. I know I will include almonds and macadamia nuts, probably a few packs of these as well.

I’m open to suggestions! Most fat bomb recipes won’t handle the October heat, so I have ruled them out.

Bacon,eggs , chilli no beans.
                Chicken breast spam green beans .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious. Do any of you guys carb up? When I did this a few years back I’d carb up every weekend, and it worked great for me. Was trying to gain muscle and stay lean. Right now I’m trying to lose fat since I’m 60 lbs heavier than I wasn’t back than.

Comment

My wife is, and I eat it with her when I'm off duty. She did a search for Keto on Facebook, and found a few sites. Nothing she's cooked has been bad, except for a cookie recipe she tried. And they were beyond bad. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been on 7 weeks, down 22lbs, feel the best I have in years.

Comment

I'm down 35 lbs in 3 months. I discovered that I need to eat breakfast even after I have a rocket fuel coffee otherwise I don't lose anything. After that I just need to eat sensibly for the rest of the day. I can't do the IF...I get too hungry! LOL. I stopped counting calories and macros. It just seemed to be burdensome to me. This seems to work best for me and this may be the easiest diet I've ever been on.

Comment

I'm down 25 lbs right at a month in. Blood pressure as dropped from an average of 140/90 to 116/73 as of last week.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                            I'm down 35 lbs in 3 months. I discovered that I need to eat breakfast even after I have a rocket fuel coffee otherwise I don't lose anything. After that I just need to eat sensibly for the rest of the day. I can't do the IF...I get too hungry! LOL. I stopped counting calories and macros. It just seemed to be burdensome to me. This seems to work best for me and this may be the easiest diet I've ever been on.
                            The hunger pains are all in your head. I've gotten to where a 48 hour fast with nothing but water is a breeze, but my wife has the same issues you do. I try to get her on board with the fast, but she's having no part of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                              I'm down 25 lbs right at a month in. Blood pressure as dropped from an average of 140/90 to 116/73 as of last week.
                              Congrats. I'm similar on the weight loss after 3 months. But BP still up. Probably just the genes. What Veggies you taking in and portions?

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                                Congrats. I'm similar on the weight loss after 3 months. But BP still up. Probably just the genes. What Veggies you taking in and portions?

Basically, I’m drinking an Adkins shake for breakfast and lunch (boil eggs and almonds for snack), and a Keto dinner.

Regular portions. Eating veggies like greens, cucumbers, squash, etc.

Little carb intake. Haven’t had sugar or sweets in a month and haven’t craved it. I do crave the hell out of salty stuff now.

Plus, I’m walking/jogging/biking almost everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X