No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like both are drifting east - - and there is another coming off Africa.............
    Attached Files

Comment

Those above photos of Harvey’s flooding of your homes hurts my belly just thinking about it.

My parents house got floooded also and I would not wish that on anyone.

Appreciate you giving us a heads up Jonny.

Rwc

Comment

Seems the models have change for the better.

Comment

They were already preducting Flo heading north, may not even hit land.....

Comment

Man i dont need a flood but I sure need moisture so i can plant my food plots.

Comment

Definitely not look like as much rain as some of the models were showing yesterday for SETX & Central TX at the moment. 7 Day QPF chart included. Lots of uncertainty on where it goes AFTER coming ashore which is changing rainfall amounts nearly every run.

Latest from Jeff Lindner with HCFCD as well.
              High chance of tropical cyclone formation in the Gulf of Mexico this week

Residents along the US Gulf coast from MS to TX should closely monitor the progress of this system

The tropical wave over the southern Bahamas extending southward to the northern coast of Cuba has shown some limited degree of organization in the last 24 hours with deepening bursts of convection. However upper level winds continue to result in strong shear across the wave axis and overall disorganization of the system The wave is moving toward the W to WNW at 10-15mph and will be moving toward the FL Keys and southern FL today and Monday and then into the eastern Gulf of Mexico late Monday into Tuesday. Once in the Gulf of Mexico upper level conditions should become increasingly favorable as shear relaxes allowing thunderstorms to become more concentrated and likely a defined surface low pressure system to form.

Global forecast models have come into better agreement with the forming system moving fairly quickly WNW to NW toward coastal Louisiana by Wednesday and then inland on Wednesday night and Thursday with a slowing of forward speed. However many of the global ensemble members continue to indicate a more westward motion to the track near/along the Louisiana coast a high pressure over the SE US builds westward. Without any sort of defined low level center it is difficult to put much confidence in any of the model solutions at this time and uncertainty on track and intensity remain high.

Comment

Definitely watching this.

Comment

NHC now issuing advisories on PTC#7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                      There’s definitely a cat 5 Hurricane rolling into Dallas at 6:30 pm tomorrow night!
                      Haven’t watched any of the game but just saw the half time score after bird hunting.
                      When’s this current tropical depression expected to leave Arlington?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Haven’t watched any of the game but just saw the half time score after bird hunting.
                        Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          hahaha

Comment

Following

Comment

Well, over course we're going to get some. I washed my truck and watered my yard today. You can thank me later.

Comment

Looks better for setx than it did yesterday. Hopefully it doesn’t shift west. We’re still supposed to get a ton of rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X