Hunting Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    Looking at my forecast and I'm hunting public land, would you hunt tomorrow morning or afternoon? Looks like we are getting a little front tomorrow, then it flips back to hot, then the coldest night so far on Tuesday. Not taking days off in October. Waiting for November for that. I've got a couple of hang one to setup or my climber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man I'm going to be hunting on the weekends no matter what. Saturday evening and Sunday morning looks like would be pretty comfortable temps for you to hunt, but Tuesday and Wednesday look really good for deer movement. I hear you on wasting vacation days in October but luckily at my job I am able to take my personal time in 2 hour increments. I ha e to go in to work at 10 Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      Man I'm going to be hunting on the weekends no matter what. Saturday evening and Sunday morning looks like would be pretty comfortable temps for you to hunt, but Tuesday and Wednesday look really good for deer movement. I hear you on wasting vacation days in October but luckily at my job I am able to take my personal time in 2 hour increments. I ha e to go in to work at 10 Wednesday.

Yep I hear that. I may sleep in tomorrow and head out mid morning, hang a stand or two then hunt the afternoon as the front rolls in. I doubt I'll be able to hunt Sunday. Need to get ready to finish laying floors next weekend in our master bedroom. I've got 5 all day sits planned for the second weekend in November. Crossing my fingers the bucks are chasing like crazy like they were last year at that time.

Comment

I hung a new stand in the northwest corner of a small field 25' up in a bull pine on the inside edge of the fence corner looking over an old logging road running N/S inside the over grown fence row. Has a nice beat down trail lined in rubs from the west coming out of the bottom to the corner and has been undisturbed for a week soaking in a few hundred #s of corn.
        Same road I shot the buck I posted earlier a few years ago. Wind is supposed to shift finally Sunday morning with a chance of storms. I'm predicting a dead deer and LDPs by Monday.
        I'm out of town working and will have 9 days of pictures tomorrow when I get back. Hopefully I stick a old 19-20" wide short tined slick 8, a big fat 6pt with 7" brows, or maybe something I've haven't seen yet but I have that gut feeling this weather change is gonna be the deal sealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          I hung a new stand in the northwest corner of a small field 25' up in a bull pine on the inside edge of the fence corner looking over an old logging road running N/S inside the over grown fence row. Has a nice beat down trail lined in rubs from the west coming out of the bottom to the corner and has been undisturbed for a week soaking in a few hundred #s of corn.
          Same road I shot the buck I posted earlier a few years ago. Wind is supposed to shift finally Sunday morning with a chance of storms. I'm predicting a dead deer and LDPs by Monday.
          I'm out of town working and will have 9 days of pictures tomorrow when I get back. Hopefully I stick a old 19-20" wide short tined slick 8, a big fat 6pt with 7" brows, or maybe something I've haven't seen yet but I have that gut feeling this weather change is gonna be the deal sealer.

Sounds like a great spot. I had that feeling yesterday afternoon. Barometer was at 30.4, highest it has been all season, with a steady wind out of the N. I carried a climber in and set up on a scrape in the middle of a bunch of Chickapin Oaks that are dropping. I had two bucks, including a two year old eleven point, come and check the scrape. I had to stay in the stand 20 minutes after dark because I had deer all around me. It was my first hunt in this spot but I will be back there very soon.

Comment

TTT for a great thread. The wiredtohunt podcast just came out with another interview with Mark Drury today. They just came out with an app that's supposed to be able to track a lot of the stuff that was brought up on this thread last year. They discuss it pretty in depth on the podcast.

Comment

Great info. I’ll be watching that this season

Comment

I didn't read through this whole thread but I am 2 months away from launching a website that will essentially be a hunting journal. It will have some other features in addition. I have talked to admins about being a sponsor and that is the plan when I can release it.

Thehuntersight.com. will be the site and in a week should have a face to the site. It is going to have lots of great features for hunters to use. It has been a lot of work but I'm eager to see yalls thoughts. I plan to partner with texasbowhunter and offer a discount to members

Comment

Good thread! Will definitely keep this in mind this season.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great post

Comment

Excuse the terrible picture but today is one of those days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is the new moon, wind has been out of the South now since Monday and will be switching back to North overnight with this front. Pressure is also going to be steadily rising thru Saturday looks like.

I am headed out early in the morning, hope to add some evidence to your thread by the end of the weekend!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          Today is the new moon, wind has been out of the South now since Monday and will be switching back to North overnight with this front. Pressure is also going to be steadily rising thru Saturday looks like.

I am headed out early in the morning, hope to add some evidence to your thread by the end of the weekend!
                          Yes sir! I will be in the stand for as long as I can stand it tomorrow through Monday! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X