No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 1 is done, and I am down 7.6 lbs and feel great so far. I haven't had any symptoms of the so-called Keto Flu. I don't feel hungry throughout the day, and haven't had any cravings for carbs or sugar. In fact, I have kind of found it hard to eat my full calorie goal each day because I really haven't been that hungry. I feel I could easily take 300-400 calories out of my diet, which is already at a deficit, and not really notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread was awesome to read through and I'm very happy to read about all the success stories. And to think, all this time I thought God put Fruit on Earth for a reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        Week 1 is done, and I am down 7.6 lbs and feel great so far. I haven't had any symptoms of the so-called Keto Flu. I don't feel hungry throughout the day, and haven't had any cravings for carbs or sugar. In fact, I have kind of found it hard to eat my full calorie goal each day because I really haven't been that hungry. I feel I could easily take 300-400 calories out of my diet, which is already at a deficit, and not really notice.

Congrats buddy!

Comment

Been lurking on this thread. Original Atkins has always worked for me as long as I can stay on it. 8 days in now and I swear I want a beer so bad I can smell it all the way out in the garage fridge. Sticks are now purple, breath stinks and I felt like the smelly kid from Peanuts walking around the gym today but I'm down a few pounds already.

Comment

I noticed someone mentioned not sleeping well at night. Same thing happens to me anytime i cycle a few months of a keto diet. This drives me nuts after a week of it. Also a tip for anyone that ends up missing some kind of flour product, if you have any kind of ethnic food store, get chickpea flour. Just a ground legume flour (from chickpeas/garbanzo beans) but its great. Coat onions/pickles in it, and fry away!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Been lurking on this thread. Original Atkins has always worked for me as long as I can stay on it. 8 days in now and I swear I want a beer so bad I can smell it all the way out in the garage fridge. Sticks are now purple, breath stinks and I felt like the smelly kid from Peanuts walking around the gym today but I'm down a few pounds already.

Luckily the sleeping thing isn't any worse than my normal work related sleeping issues. (I typically sleep in 4 different time zones changes a week, not including home)

And I thankfully haven't had any breath issues.

Comment

had to

Keto Clarity is a great book written by 5 doctors, Ya'll need to check it out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Better picture

Sorry just had to
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                    Sorry just had to

Hey don't make fun, that could have been me at 8 years old[emoji1]

Comment

Hercules, Hercules

Comment

I have been doing E meals for awhile. my problem was I would not stick to the meal plan. My mother in law came down and cooked from the menu and my sugar has been great! ( I am Diabetic). Since then I have stuck the their LC ( low carb, basically NO carb) meal plan. I feel better the Lbs are coming off slow. the weight loss is not my primary focus it is my blood sugar. I was craving carbs all the time, now no more, I feel better eating great food! I am a believer for sure. I check my BS this morning and at 79 THAT HAS NEVER been the norm! the E meals gives you a menu, shopping list from the store you shop at. Some of the meals seem really weird, but they are all pretty dang good. and they are constantly different. I have not eaten the same thing off of this menu for years. You get a months membership for I think 10 bucks. Well worth the investment.

My .02

Azle

Comment

What kind of MCT oil do you use for the bulletproof coffee?

Comment

So can this work for a very simple guy that basically eats meat, potatos and a vegetable? I don't like a lot of "food", very basic in my tastes, no sauces, no condiments, no salad dressings, no gravys' etc.

Is there a "simple" basic meal plan available?

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                              So can this work for a very simple guy that basically eats meat, potatos and a vegetable? I don't like a lot of "food", very basic in my tastes, no sauces, no condiments, no salad dressings, no gravys' etc.

Is there a "simple" basic meal plan available?
                              Just google "keto meal plans"-"lchf meal plans", you'll get more to read than you ever wanted to see or read. You shouldn't have to much trouble finding one you can live with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real CWB View Post
                                What kind of MCT oil do you use for the bulletproof coffee?

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                                Brain octane is simply MCT oil.

You can find it for half that price on Amazon. I pay about $25 for a quart of MCT oil there. It lasts me 4-6 weeks. Watch the levels in it when you buy, not all are equal. Presently using some stuff from "Left Coast" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                                I am using Coconut oil right now but will be using this stuff from Amazon next go round.

Comment

Working...
                                X