X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my Brownings. Have 4 no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This came to me in an email yesterday and I bought 2 of the 2016 Browning Strike Force cameras model# BTC5HDE

I have a couple of the 2014 models but this is hands down the best camera outside of the older HCO Scoutguards.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
        This came to me in an email yesterday and I bought 2 of the 2016 Browning Strike Force cameras model# BTC5HDE

I have a couple of the 2014 models but this is hands down the best camera outside of the older HCO Scoutguards.

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/browni...3#.V6CeyvkrKM8
        There's this Bushnell Essential E2 also at a great deal. It's rated a bit higher than the Strike Force overall so I got a couple to try out. Will be able to run them together and compare

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          I get that but getting others like the Brownings if you only get 4yrs out of them it would still come out cheaper and get better pic quality. By the time you spent the same as one Reconyx you would have 15yrs or so out of them. That's if they only last 4years. I don't care if any last that long because they will likely be so much better then that I would want new ones anyway. Lots of cams already have better pics than Reconyx their selling point is lasting the longest.

Now if I wanted to buy once and last forever I would do that though. Plus it's a lot different to buy 5 for 500-550 than it is to buy one for almost the same.

Trust me I looked hard at them I just don't think I would want the same camera technology that long
          Well I have done that. Nothing is more aggravating as seeing thousands of tracks in front of your camera and getting a half dozen pics and batteries showing full strength. Cheaper cams are pretty unreliable. Give me reliability for the next 15 years, I will take it. My 1st Reconyx has already out lasted and took more pics, saved more batteries than all Cuddeback and Primos cameras I owned. The only reason I would buy a cheaper camera is if I wanted to set it on public ground.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Well I have done that. Nothing is more aggravating as seeing thousands of tracks in front of your camera and getting a half dozen pics and batteries showing full strength. Cheaper cams are pretty unreliable. Give me reliability for the next 15 years, I will take it. My 1st Reconyx has already out lasted and took more pics, saved more batteries than all Cuddeback and Primos cameras I owned. The only reason I would buy a cheaper camera is if I wanted to set it on public ground.
            Hey whatever works best for you.

Been a year since my Strike Force was set out and I just changed batteries last week. Great pic quality and we will see as the years go on durability. Technology changes so quick I just know I don't want the same ones that long anyway. I like new and updated. Even just the last 10years has been crazy the amount of progress in trail cams. I'm also not running 1-2 cams I have 5 now and have 8-9 setups to cover so $500 cams are a little much for that since it's my personal place and not a commercial operation

Comment

Hey whatever works best for you.

Been a year since my Strike Force was set out and I just changed batteries last week. Great pic quality and we will see as the years go on durability. Technology changes so quick I just know I don't want the same ones that long anyway. I like new and updated. Even just the last 10years has been crazy the amount of progress in trail cams. I'm also not running 1-2 cams I have 5 now and have 8-9 setups to cover so $500 cams are a little much for that since it's my personal place and not a commercial operation
              My thoughts exactly. I have 11 cameras and just ordered 2 more so I need them to be reliable, around 100 bucks, and have a useful life of 3-5 years.

Comment

4th year with my Reconyx...stays in the woods year round. Only time it comes home is to clean it up or move to anther lease. I have 3.
                If you are wanting the newest cams in the woods, then its a mute point and you would definetly be wasting your money.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                  agree totally - we had five of them and they were all trash - and good luck trying to get any type of service from them. We will never use them again
                  x2
                  I spent around $250 for the Cuddeback Color C in Oct 2014. Cuddeback put it on back order after we placed the order - didn't arrive until Feb 2015.
                  It worked for a month - totally crapped out before the 2015 hunting season- they wouldn't fix or replace anything.

I hope the Cuddeback folks read some of these comments at their next board meeting.

Those Browning Strike force cams are great.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I have 11 cameras and just ordered 2 more so I need them to be reliable, around 100 bucks, and have a useful life of 3-5 years.
                    Dang I couldn't keep up wit 11 cameras.

Comment

4th year with my Reconyx...stays in the woods year round. Only time it comes home is to clean it up or move to anther lease. I have 3.
                      If you are wanting the newest cams in the woods, then its a mute point and you would definetly be wasting your money.
                      What model are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                        x2
                        I spent around $250 for the Cuddeback Color C in Oct 2014. Cuddeback put it on back order after we placed the order - didn't arrive until Feb 2015.
                        It worked for a month - totally crapped out before the 2015 hunting season- they wouldn't fix or replace anything.

I hope the Cuddeback folks read some of these comments at their next board meeting.

Those Browning Strike force cams are great.
                        I think there is a reason Trail Cam Pro has this on a Cuddeback "review".. Sounds like they didn't like not living up to their claims to me
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dang I couldn't keep up wit 11 cameras.
                          Heck last year I had 16 but lost 5 due to flooding. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it and it keeps me up to date on the movement on 4 different properties.

A couple others got close to taking the plunge too... That stob in front of the feeder is a T-post on my feeder pen.
                          Attached Files

Comment

What model are you running?
                            HC 500, I might have a 450 also.

Comment

I think there is a reason Trail Cam Pro has this on a Cuddeback "review".. Sounds like they didn't like not living up to their claims to me
                              Yep!

Comment

Heck last year I had 16 but lost 5 due to flooding. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it and it keeps me up to date on the movement on 4 different properties.

A couple others got close to taking the plunge too... That stob in front of the feeder is a T-post on my feeder pen.
                                You know, I run a trap line from time to time and I know I have got some traps in the woods I couldn't remember where they were

Comment

Working...
                                X