No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving in the morning for Unit 62. Any reports from that area? I have a mule deer tag and the rest of the crew has elk tags. Possibly buy a turkey tag when we get up there.

Comment

Leaving at noon tomorrow for eight days in the Blue mts of Oregon.

Comment

Headed to Chama, NM tomorrow. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by ross View Post
          Leaving in the morning for Unit 62. Any reports from that area? I have a mule deer tag and the rest of the crew has elk tags. Possibly buy a turkey tag when we get up there.
          Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Good luck guys!

Comment

Heading to WY tomorrow for 8 days.....It's gonna be fun!

Comment

Still deer hunting, no big bucks for me yet.
                Wish I had a second bull elk tag though.
                Picture from this morning.
                He is a 6x5, barely split on one side. Watched him for about 45 minutes at 11,000 feet.
                Attached Files

Comment

heading to gila tuesday......come on tuesday!!!

Comment

Leaving Georgetown TX in the morning heading to Raton New Mexico. Hunt start Tuesday morning, I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by ross View Post
                      Good luck Ross. Was up there last week, got home Tuesday night. Everything was very quiet. Saw a few elk in the Love Mesa area but never was able to draw on one. Last night there(Sunday) heard three bugles down in 61 about 10:30pm. Hopefully it will be better for you. Also saw a few bucks but nothing jaw dropping.

Comment

<30 days.

Comment

I am headed to the Gila Tuesday and start hunting Wednesday. Should be an awesome year for horns. I have a friend hunting there now and said they are really starting to scream!!!

Comment

Success! My first elk!!!!!!! I'll do a full report this week, but here's a picture of my bull... It was an incredible hunt and I can't wait to share it with y'all!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347805362.479937.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	24117279

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                              Success! My first elk!!!!!!! I'll do a full report this week, but here's a picture of my bull... It was an incredible hunt and I can't wait to share it with y'all!!

[ATTACH]392092[/ATTACH]
                              Geesh! That is a giant! Details man and Congrats!

Comment

Awesome Bull!!! CONGRATS!! cant wait to hear about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X