No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have three days off until I head back out there for my mule deer, will have twelve days to get it done.
    Until then enjoying the city and hot showers!
    Good luck guys.

Comment

10 for me. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Headed out... Just skipped through Fort Stockton... Ridgway here we come

Comment

Originally posted by txdblcab View Post
          Headed out... Just skipped through Fort Stockton... Ridgway here we come
          Good luck

Comment

Loading the truck tomorrow night, heading to 82 Wednesday morning..... 6am sharp

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
              Its super slow boys. Nothing yesterday or today . We are gonna head home on Monday. The elk are here but feeding all night. And its really hot. We havent heard a peep.
              This is about how our hunt in unit 76 in Idaho went last week except the temps were in the 20's early heating up to the 80's in the afternoon. Sure makes it hard to dress accordingly.

We saw 2 cows with calves and 1 spike. Never heard a sound. We cut some wolf tracks and think that may have shut them up.

We would leave camp around 3:30, drive around an hour, horseback in around an hour, hunt all day, and then reverse the travels returning to camp around 10:30. That routine sure made for a long tough hunt.

Comment

Counted 135 pronghorn on 285 today... Amping up! Prolly get to the mountain around 2am... Pack up in the morning

Comment

I'm headed back up in the morning to try to get that mule deer tag filled.

I've got one hunting buddy still needing to fill two elk tags (either sex and a cow tag), and two more coming up next Sunday with either sex elk tags to fill as well.

I'll be out for 12 days this time.

Comment

I'm jealous... I have till sunday to get it done... Back to the helicopter on Tuesday

Comment

Awesome pics and great video elkbow.thanks

Comment

Made it to Alamosa CO about midnight......wearing shorts and flip flops....stepped out of the truck into a 42 degree, 20 mph north wind.....a BIG change from Alvin Texas

Good nights sleep, power breakfast then heading to the trailhead. I am pumped !

Comment

Traildust, good luck buddy!

Comment

Sitting at 12050 right now glassing and enjoying the view... Rain all day yesterday and no action... Blew up 3 cows on the trail up this morning hoping things turn around... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347576027.692173.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	24116676

Comment

Headed out early in the morning!

Comment

Headed out in the early morning too! Looks like a lot of you have taken some wonderful animals, Congrats !!

Comment

Working...
                                X