hypothetical question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I wouldn't be on a lease that wouldn't allow dove hunting...if they are there in the late season during the rut, I'm hunting a tank whacking birds in late Dec / early Jan vs sitting in a blind. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen very often & takes a special year for a bunch of late fat birds to be around.

We are all different & got our quirks...Heck, I'll shoot quail in my sendero I'm about to hunt. I simply enjoy what the place throws at me & roll with it.
    Spent many days deer hunting morning and evenings and sitting next to the water holes during mid day whacking tasty dove birds

Comment

Ok, I’ve listened to what you all had to say. I don’t give a ratazz if someone want to dove hunt. But do it by your own area. And as far as some saying bucks come and go. You are correct bucks come and go but, I had this one particular buck showing up every morning and evening until this day. I actually had him on camera the morning of this happening. And I know know when it was thanks to social media. And almost can tell what time due to shadows from the trees. Yes I do have deer showing up but are the young dumb ones. And the buck on our place have not started separating just yet. I had ten 8pts and a 7 at my feeder at the same time at another feeder just yesterday morning. I do have cellular cameras and I do get pictures as they happen so I have been patterning deer for several months.

That’s all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
        ... We don’t have section allotted to each person, ...
        .. I don’t give a ratazz if someone want to dove hunt. But do it by your own area....
        I'm confused
        So, which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
          I'm confused
          So, which is it?
          What’s confusing, hunt by where YOUR own stand area is.

Comment

I would walk into the camp house next time everyone is there, drop that decoy on the kitchen table and yell we got a problem. See where the conversation goes from there. Have a few cocktails first.

Comment

Google "confirmation bias." You haz it.

Does the lease say that's what they have to do?

Comment

Every lease is different...we have an open blind policy so there is no YOUR area. There is only rules, mutual respect & communication / understanding from our members.

There is no such thing as a drama free lease, but you will not solve it here...you simply have to have it play out & discuss it with your fellow members or find another place to hunt if you cannot deal with majority.

That is really all there is to say...anyway, front is coming through, birds are all but gone and deer are gonna set into a new pattern soon. Lighten up & enjoy the rest of the season. Oct isn't just for hot bow hunting.

Comment

People keep saying “mutual respect” the lease allows dove during deer season. Why does a deer hunter deserve more consideration than a dove hunter. Your feeder is near a water source because it’s a good spot. They are dove hunting near a water source because it’s a good spot. Do they know your feeder is there? Are their assigned areas on your lease?

Sounds to me like the OP wants people to respect his situation without giving respect to theirs. If you want a place to hunt that has to follow your rules your way you need to buy your own place. On a lease your rights are no more important than the next guys. You should have known these rules when you joined so I don’t see where you have a right to be angry or annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have a strict rule in place where dove hunting stops when bow season begins. That gives us a solid month to hunt doves. I would recommend suggesting something like this for y’all. That being said, I wouldn’t get too worked up about it now if no rules were broken. Just politely bring it up with the group and have a positive discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X