No announcement yet.

hypothetical question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would keep feeding it and running my cameras. Meanwhile I would find an isolated spot and feed/hunt it until things turn around at the windmill.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

A lot of people consider it a hunting lease, not a deer lease. Nobody asks for a lease that only allows deer hunting. Most want to be able to hunt everything they can that’s present in the area.

That being said, I doubt the dove hunting has pushed the deer off. They’ve changed to their fall home ranges and new food sources. They’ll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
          I am going to try and make this easy as possible.
          I got on a DEER lease that allows dove hunting (during season)and Quail hunting AFTER deer season is over. We don’t have section allotted to each person, just pick an area and put up a stand. I have two hunting areas (or stand location) that are within 100-150 yards from two different windmills. At one particular stand is a windmill/pond very close to my feeders. I WAS seeing some good decent buck at this particular stand until the weekend before bow opener. I still have some does and young stuff but not the better ones. I know the pond has been dove hunted, I found a dove decoy yesterday. Do you think the dove hunting moved the bigger deer out. This has seemed to be the issue for the last couple of years. And I see it do to getting pictures sent to my phone everyday.
          I love dove hunting just as much as the next guy, but if I want to HUNT DOVES I get a dov lease or do a day hunt. I dang sure not going to go hunt next to my feeder or someone’s else’s. I have more RESPECT than that. I spend a lot of money on a DEER lease and this does bother me. And I have been hesitant to say anything but find the decoy yesterday just got me hot. Am I wrong to feel this way or should I just accepte it as what it is. Do you think the shooting has anything to do with the deer leaving. My way of thinking is, I have more respect for others and their hunting locations to do something like this.

Please give me your thoughts and feed back
          I see both sides. Imo, this is the kind of thing the lessees need to come to written agreement on and then put it in the lease provisions.

Comment

Sounds like you need to quail hunt them dudes feeders. Lolol

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              This is the time of year that the deer (especially bucks) start changing patterns. I highly doubt it has anything to do with dove hunters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
              This, most folks have “hunting” leases to go hunt. If you want a “deer” lease, sounds like you aren’t on the right lease for you.

I have hunted doves on every part of the leases I have had and never had an issue with deer leaving the country.

Comment

Probably has everything to do with the shotguns blasting and people in the area. You won't have any success until the five season is over and it calms down. Why would they allow dove hunting during season and not quail hunting during season. I personally would not be on a lease that allowed Dove hunting during season.

Comment

My deer left also and dove hunting isn't allowed actually guns aren't allowed during deer season, archery only. As for someone dove hunting the pond/tank if that was the rules before you got on then not much to get upset about. I would talk to the lease manager and see if there is a middle ground that could be reached.

Comment

You got what you signed up for. In my opinion it doesn't bother them that's on our place but all deer don't react the same

Comment

From my experience it doesn't affect them very much. If the does are still coming then the bucks will be there to. The bucks seem to change there pattern about this time of year. I used to have a stand where I would see mostly bucks and in Mid October that all changed and it wasn't from anything I did. I started seeing some of those bucks at the stands where I would normally see does.

Comment

First I am not sure you know what a hypothetical question is. LOL

Second I agree with everybody saying it may just be the deers normal activity this time of year where you are. I still have big bucks coming to both of our sets. BUT there aren’t any real different food sources for them to go to that is any different than what we have.

Third I would still be super p!ssed if someone was dove hunting right by my set up. Very inconsiderate. I would definitely bring it up to everybody on the lease with me.

Comment

Watch for the rut then all bets are off as the boys are searching for the girls. This year will be different than last due to the heavy rains for the past month. Everything has "greened" up and no action at the feeders.

We have no restrictions on our lease, but there are only 3 of us so it's not an issue. We only dove hunt, if we do at all, around camp which is a good distance from the feeders so we don't have this problem.

Unless each member SPECIFIES by agreement their area to hunt and others can't, then you get what you pay for IMO. For years we had leases around Sterling City with 10 paid members and it was some issue every year! As lease manager, we had to kick off a couple due to numerous problems. Best thing that happened to me was the Rancher died and let the Kids run it...we lasted one more season and ALL of us said no more.

Love our setup now with less hunters...No Problems...

Comment

I wouldn't be on a lease that wouldn't allow dove hunting...if they are there in the late season during the rut, I'm hunting a tank whacking birds in late Dec / early Jan vs sitting in a blind. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen very often & takes a special year for a bunch of late fat birds to be around.

We are all different & got our quirks...Heck, I'll shoot quail in my sendero I'm about to hunt. I simply enjoy what the place throws at me & roll with it.

Comment

I quit shooting doves about 5 years ago because I kept losing to many arrows.

No dove hunting at all here

Comment

Just my take

YOU got on a DEER lease

THEY got on a HUNTING lease

(And I too will take dove hunting over any early season deer sweating... er hunting)

Comment

Working...
                                X