Another caliber thread . . . This one is a little different though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    I have a Freedom Arms Premier Grade .454 Casull I'd sell or maybe trade, if you're interested. Leupold 2x scope, another Leupold red dot sight, holster, 8" barrel, about 500 rounds of loaded ammo and brass....

It's a great hunting pistol.
    Do you have any pics? I am intrigued now. You have my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      Do you have any pics? I am intrigued now. You have my attention.
      Here you go

Last edited by Shane; 10-11-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

10mm is an awesome round.

Comment

Model 629 44 magnum with a 6.5" barrel or 4". Run a 280 grain WFN cast bullet at 1100 fps, it will kill anything in the US Canada and most of Africa. But that Freedom Arms made me drool just a little.

Comment

Lone Eagle in 308 if you can find one.

Comment

If you are not intending on reloading, stick with the .44
              If you decide to take up reloading go with the .454.
              I have a Gary Reeder .454 and find the full house 240 grain factory loads at 1900 fps to be a bit much out of the light handgun.
              I load 45LC 240 grains at 1450 fps or just a little more than .44 mag velocity and it is much more pleasurable to shoot and does a fine job on Deer and hogs

Comment

of the ones listed 44, but not in the contender. I had one in a 10" gun and with full power loads it was raunchy, and i shoot a 475 linebaugh, so i aint real recoil shy. That said, i like a 45 convertible, or for more power the linebaugh the best. but a 44 is nice too.
                Last edited by RJH1; 10-11-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Here you go

Now that's a pig pistol!!
                  Love them Bisley style frames.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    Not dead set on the three, but that is what I was thinking about. Would you mind sharing your suggestion or any other experience with a different caliber? I am all ears.
                    I use a .45 Long Colt in Ruger Black Hawk. It's open sights and I think 7 inch barrel. I have only shot one deer with it but love it. I reload my own. You can load some really hot stuff all the way down to cowboy loads. My hunting round is estimated 1100 to 1200 fps. IMO it doesn't kick as much as .44 mag.

I'm really glad I picked it. However, if I didn't reload I might look at other calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                      Model 629 44 magnum with a 6.5" barrel or 4". Run a 280 grain WFN cast bullet at 1100 fps, it will kill anything in the US Canada and most of Africa. But that Freedom Arms made me drool just a little.

Agree with the hard cast at mild velocities. I shot a deer in the chest with a 250gr Keith loaded to 1200fps and it went lengthwise through the deer and exited out the back leg. Dropped it where it stood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Of those three number 1. But if you get the encore instead of the contender, your options go way up.

Comment

Here you go

Thank you. Would you mind PM'ing me a price. That is pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
                            Lone Eagle in 308 if you can find one.
                            I would really like to stick with a pistol caliber. I have too many rifles and want to try something new.

Comment

My favorite is a scoped Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. I also like my iron sighted Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have killed many deer, and hogs with a 44 mag. I used a Dan Wesson, and a scoped Thompson. Not calibers you asked about, but I also used the 300 whisper, and 45-70. In the Thompson with great success.

Comment

Working...
                                X