Concho County/Paint Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw couple good ones.

Again slow weekend, moon isn’t helping for sure, plus deer really not hitting feeders much. Did See a couple decent buck eating a little corn but mostly cruising for does. Only have game cam pics of deer seen. The first 2 pics were the deer I saw in person. The taller rack deer was a shooter for us. Always good to see a nice buck in range.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great deer

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      Just got home a little while ago...conditions where we hunt near Robert Lee were not good to say the least. Full Moon, windy, dang bees swarming Friday and Saturday..cooler weather coming always get's 'em fired up.

My BD was Saturday and I was hoping to kill a big 8 point or 2 Fallows we have on camera. ONLY saw 3 does and other lease members only saw spikes, does and ONE small 8pt.

BUT, since you asked about Bucks in the area...took this Guy last November and he's on the wall....good deer populations at least in our area.
      That's a great deer!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I’m right down the road in Tom Green Co, our bucks aren’t hitting the feeders hard and with more water than normal they are traveling different than years past. Hopefully going to knock something down around Christmas.

Comment

Wow. I live about five miles north of the 1929/hiway 83 intersection. Getting jealous of some of the bucks you guys are seeing/taking. Would love to find a couple of hundred acres in that area to buy. Keep it up and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            Hopefully see this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Kruppa that's a toad I hope your boy gets him ! You got any history with that buck ?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
              My son shot his first buck just east of Eden on Friday! Saw lots of deer that morning but it slowed way down the rest of the weekend. Great area and if anyone is interested in new lease members I am looking in that area. I can be a single or can bring 4-5 guys with me. Our current place in Hamilton county is for sale and we will need to get off after the current season.
              Pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                Dang Kruppa that's a toad I hope your boy gets him ! You got any history with that buck ?

No history with him and the only pic I have of him

Comment

Buck

Pics
                  That's a great buck, really looks cool, congratulations to your boy!

Comment

Pics
                    That’s what it is all about right there. Memories he will never forget!

Comment

Used to hunt around Salt Gap...one of the best places I’ve ever hunted..just got too expensive.. shot this guy in 2006..170” 24pts..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	24562678

Comment

We hunt 1600 acres off of Park Road 11, just off of fm 1929. I’ve been hunting here for six years. There are plenty of deer, just haven’t seen anything over 130”.
                        You folks pictures are giving me hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                          Used to hunt around Salt Gap...one of the best places I’ve ever hunted..just got too expensive.. shot this guy in 2006..170” 24pts..

[ATTACH]935395[/ATTACH]
                          Not that's a nice buck, all those kickers, dream buck for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Picking the boy up after school and headed to the lease to try and get him one.
                            My brother has been there all week and he said it has been very slow.
                            Wish us Luck, sounds like we will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                              Picking the boy up after school and headed to the lease to try and get him one.
                              My brother has been there all week and he said it has been very slow.
                              Wish us Luck, sounds like we will need it.
                              It’s been a weird morning so far. 4 young bucks came in. All on edge, and wary of each other. I thought they were going to fight several times. Saw two does about 300 yards away.

Good luck! Hope your boy knocks one down!
                              Last edited by Jared.King; 11-30-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                                It’s been a weird morning so far. 4 young bucks came in. All on edge, and wary of each other. I thought they were going to fight several times. Saw two does about 300 yards away.

Good luck! Hope your boy knocks one down!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X