Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
    Manager,
    We are low fenced and have a roaming Axis herd.
    Our Axis don't come to the corn very much or only stop by for a bite or two. Looks like yours are hitting the protein pretty good, but do they come when it is just corn?
    Looking for tips to bring them in more. I have also tried Alfalfa bales without much success.

Also are those timed demand style feeders?
    Sorry I have not been on much lately. Yes, they still hit the corn somewhat but not like the protein. We are low fence as well. They are both Krivoman feeders and the timed protein one makes all the difference in the world. I see deer when no one else is seeing them except for at night. as for the axis, I have only fed the protein cause it works for them. They also love the golden nuggets from TCS.

Comment

Big rain in Menard County. About 5" in town over the last week with over 15" around Ft. McKavett and west. River was up 12' one day and over 16' the next.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        Big rain in Menard County. About 5" in town over the last week with over 15" around Ft. McKavett and west. River was up 12' one day and over 16' the next.
        Adios,
        Gary
        We're on 2873 and our topo drains alot of water into the San Saba basin. Wish we'd had this rain a few months ago! May have to do our deer counts from a canoe! haha!

Comment

Going up there this weekend.
          Hope its not raining like hell.

Comment

Looks like rain again on Friday and then again Saturday morning. I have heard that we could get up to another 2 inches on already saturated ground.
            I sure would watch the weather and if it is raining, would hold off on making the trip.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

I’ve been following this thread for a while. We’re just outside of town on callan ln. looking forward to a good year.

Comment

I just got back from my Menard pasture, west of Hext and south of 29. I only went to two sections of the ranch as the roads are still saturated and would have wrecked them with ruts if I went into the softer soil. It did not rain today before I left at 4:00; however, if your lease is in the black dirt and not the rocky stuff you may have an issue getting around. Hope this helps.

Comment

Looks like rain again on Friday and then again Saturday morning. I have heard that we could get up to another 2 inches on already saturated ground.
                  I sure would watch the weather and if it is raining, would hold off on making the trip.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  Unfortunately this is my last free weekend, and there is still no corn in the feeders. I won't be able to get down there again till the end of October.
                  It has been raining every free weekend I have had this month.

Comment

Raining 2-6" between Menard and Sonora at this time. Menard County has issued a severe weather alert for flooding on small streams and water over the roadways. FM 864 is closed.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Raining 2-6" between Menard and Sonora at this time. Menard County has issued a severe weather alert for flooding on small streams and water over the roadways. FM 864 is closed.
                      Adios,
                      Gary
                      I have two lease members that left for there about 3 hours ago.
                      Waiting to hear from them.
                      I am on Callan Lane.

Comment

Unfortunately this is my last free weekend, and there is still no corn in the feeders. I won't be able to get down there again till the end of October.
                        It has been raining every free weekend I have had this month.
                        I know the feeling. I’m in the same boat. Moved from northeast Texas because was tired of dealing with rain and mud. Guess I’m just bad luck or good however you take it

Comment

In the process of buying 160 acres about 15 miles north of 190 off of Ranch Rd 2873. Anyone hunt close? Are their many Axis that far north of the river?

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            I know the feeling. I’m in the same boat. Moved from northeast Texas because was tired of dealing with rain and mud. Guess I’m just bad luck or good however you take it
                            HaHa
                            Thank you to the inventor of 4 wheel drive. Had to use it the whole way.
                            Made it in to the ranch (5 mile dirt road) and got all the feeders filled. Grass in certain areas was knee high and everything was green and grown up.

Comment

HaHa
                              Thank you to the inventor of 4 wheel drive. Had to use it the whole way.
                              Made it in to the ranch (5 mile dirt road) and got all the feeders filled. Grass in certain areas was knee high and everything was green and grown up.
                              I am going to have to do the same. I have feeders empty and want to go this weekend but more rain coming it seems. Ready for it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                                I am going to have to do the same. I have feeders empty and want to go this weekend but more rain coming it seems. Ready for it to end.
                                Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X