No announcement yet.

Bahamas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are doing the sandals there for 4 days. It was $4500 but that was including the butler suite which people recommended to us.

Comment

Conch fritters. Gotta try em!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

We go the Airbnb route on all our island trips. We are not into the larger crowds and busy beaches that come with the all inclusive resorts. We book flights and then find somewhere off the beaten path, yet not too far away from the action. That way we get to enjoy relaxation out the back door, but we can get into the action with a 15 minute walk or cab if we feel like it. We go on vacation to get away from everyone and everything, not be right in the middle of it all. That’s just us though. It’s also usually cheaper.

We usually never spend more than $1200 for 7 nights anywhere we go by using Airbnb.
        Last edited by Sleepy; 04-15-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          Sandals is not that expensive....we went to Sandals Exhuma with championship golf for $3200 / couple for 7 nights....

and it was incredible
          Love that place!

Comment

I did Sandals in Nassau last year. Was F’ing awesome... did Hawaii two months later and felt like I was bent over..$8 a beer and $75 for two morning buffets.... the next month I did Sandals in St Lucia... I kept up with what I was drinking/eating versus Hawaii.. I saved $500 day per person going with Sandals... I’ll never go back to Hawaii and I’ll always stay at a Sandals resort in the Caribbean. I went to Atlantis when I was in Nassau just so my “friend” could gamble... F that place...oh and no kids and the piano bar was Amazing..

Comment

FYI your waiters/waitresses/bartenders can get in trouble if you tip them openly... before a dinner tip then in a napkin or a nice handshake and they will take care of you... same goes with the housekeeper.. a little goes a long ways there... they made us feel like they hadn’t seen us in years.. Screw Hawaii!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                Conch fritters. DONT try em!

.....and God Bless America.
                fixed it for ya!

I heard the same from several people. couldn't wait to try em. i was not impressed. too many other things id rather eat.

Comment

Lots of good in guys. I appreciate it. We have been using airbnb instead of hotels in general and have been very happy so that is something to consider also. I’m open to all advice

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                    Where or how did you guys find the deals on sandals? I would do it for comparable prices

Rick
                    I found my deal on their website

Comment

butler

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      We are doing the sandals there for 4 days. It was $4500 but that was including the butler suite which people recommended to us.
                      You'll love it! Took the wife there for anniversary several years ago. Well wort the extra money

Comment

this thread has me planning my next trip to Nassau!

Comment

I also have a contact for a guy with a small center console. Blue Hole I think. Nigel was his name. Chartered for full day. He took us to several areas to snorkel. We hand lined reef fish. Took us to an awesome beach. Took us on a tour for a few hours. Well worth it

Comment

I used to do resorts but have found I enjoy booking the flight and doing an airbnb or something similar.

Comment

Staying in a house on a family trip. Sandals you go to be spoiled. When I leave everything is washed and packed in suitcase. I’m so lazy when I go someone else shaves my face. I enjoy it and if I lived close to one I’d go on overnighted there

Comment

We stayed in Abaco. Southern most island, no crowds, great food, best beaches you'll see. The "Tipsy Seagull" is a little bar at the marina. Billy Currington was shooting the "People Are Crazy" video while we were there.

Comment

Working...
                                X