Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a Vortex Scope for my "AR-10" (Sig 716)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy my strike eagle 1-8 however it has taken a backseat and now I run the Flir Armasight Zeus much better for low light situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
      I don't see it that way...
      I've had a couple their dots on duty guns that have been solid.
      Support LE
      Lifetime warranty
      Good products
      Good prices
      I'm happy to support those that support me. :-)

Leupold supports LE also. And offers much higher quality products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Strike eagle with 34mm tube and 56mm objective is going to be good in low light, especially at the price point. It will do what scopes costing 3x as much. The only hold up might be reticle choices.

Absolutely false. Strike Eagle is only one step above the Diamondback line and that’s bottom of the barrel.

Do you seriously believe a $600 scope will do everything an $1800 scope will do?

If so have you ever owned an $1800 scope?

I have an currently own both. And they are nowhere near close in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just put a Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4X scope on my AR10 and am very happy with it. My goals were light weight, easy on the wallet and quality optics. I chose this one because it weighs 9.6 oz, cost around $250 with the Pig Plex reticle and I trust Leopold to make good optics.

I would have preferred 1-6X magnification and an illuminated reticle but those drive up the cost and the weight. No doubt there are better optics out there but if weight and cost are issues, give this one a look.

Comment

The average hunter on a typical hunt would have a hard time gaining any practical benefit in jumping from a $600 scope to an $1,800 model.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
              The average hunter on a typical hunt would have a hard time gaining any practical benefit in jumping from a $600 scope to an $1,800 model.
              Exactly! That's sort of what I was trying to say. I got what I can shoot a 1000 yds with and not have to pay 2 grand. I zeroed it this weekend and broke the new Bergara in and was dinging the steels at 350 and 500 and would have tried the 800 yard steel but somehow it had fallen down since last year. I was too lazy to go downrange and find it and stand it back up. Love them turrents on the Strike Eagle and the optics are a perfect fit for my old eyes and parallax adjustments worked flawless. 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr, zeroed +1" @100. 2 mil up for 350 and ding, 3.5 mil up for 500 and ding. Love this lil gun so far. I'm a leupold fan and 90% of my meager gun collection including my customs wear Leupold Glass. That said none of my Leupold scopes will make 1000 yd shots but they are deadly and reliable for the last 40 years out to 200-300 yds. This ain't my first rodeo.

Comment

The other nice thing is I can shoot 800 just off the reticle or If I need more distance I can turn the knob and get 17 mil of elevation and use the center dot on the crosshair. Nicest part of the 34mm tube is that elevation adjustment with just a twist of the knob. Only spending $700 leaves me woth plenty of $$$ for more ammo

Comment

Working...
                X