needed... crappie recipe NOT FRIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

needed... crappie recipe NOT FRIED!

hey guys , I caught some good size eating crappie the other day and would like some healthy recipe suggestions ... I know deep fried tastes good , but i'm on a diet and fried food is no longer part of the plan ....

i'd like to avoid cheese too .... so if you got any suggestions, please feel free to post your yummy recipe!!

thanks!!!

i'd like to find out about maybe blackened or baked to start!!!

Cmon wit it Thumper, i know you're fixing to answer this one. Oh wait he said healthy

Comment

Cant be made healthy. And not safe to eat in July. Send to me and I will get rid of them for you

I bet blackened might be pretty good. But I dont have any recipe other than fried. I'll be watching too.

Comment

Ill lay down tin foil and curl up the edges and pour in half a bottle of itilian dressing with salt and pepper along with a little cut up pepper of your choice and grill it the dressing juice.. YUMMOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

Im like Bubba Gump with his shrimp on Crappie I loves me sum crappies..

Comment

Pan fry with lemon juice, capers, and a little butter. Pour the dripping on the filets. salt and pepper to taste.

You can broil them in the oven with the same mixture on top of the filets. No need to flip them. Broil until you get a slight crisp to the filets.
            Last edited by TD2000; 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Get some paul prodomes blackened redfish seasoning at store. Cover filets with it. Use nonstick pan and heat, after hot small drizzle olive oil and cook flipping once till done.

Comment

Try this place http://www.crappiefishingusa.com/id6.html

Comment

Grill em. Get the grill things at Academy. Spray grill things with pam. Sprinkle fillets with Ragin Blaze and Garlic powder, add lemon juice on top. Put on hot coals. takes only a few minutes on each side. We do this every other week in between frying. another great way. Take olive oil and add chopped green onions, chopped garlic, a little chopped bell pepper and sometime a little chopped cellery. Stir this around till clear and add a couple cans of Rotel maters. Slowly cook and add water when needed. Add some more ragin blaze. After about 45 minutes add whole fillets. gently mash fillets down into sause. 7 minutes at a simmer and there done. Serve over rice

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                    Grill em. Get the grill things at Academy. Spray grill things with pam. Sprinkle fillets with Ragin Blaze and Garlic powder, add lemon juice on top. Put on hot coals. takes only a few minutes on each side. We do this every other week in between frying. another great way. Take olive oil and add chopped green onions, chopped garlic, a little chopped bell pepper and sometime a little chopped cellery. Stir this around till clear and add a couple cans of Rotel maters. Slowly cook and add water when needed. Add some more ragin blaze. After about 45 minutes add whole fillets. gently mash fillets down into sause. 7 minutes at a simmer and there done. Serve over rice
                    yum.. that sounds good!!

Comment

Make ceviche with it. Very healthy.

Comment

blackened crappie tacos with slaw and cilantro cream sauce .

Comment

Crappie is tender enough to also cook like you do Trout Almondine.. not healthy, but another way to cook them and delicious....

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                            GR5, This sounds great!

Comment

gill em on the half shell like reds, lemon butter and pepper

Comment

Working...
                              X