No announcement yet.

What to do in Denver later this month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go see a red rocks concert, go to a rockies game (or nuggets playoff game!), brewery tour, go the natural history museum (and adjoining park - can't recall the name), go for a hike in any of the parks.

Comment

Coors brewery tour is actual pretty cool. I wasn’t very interested in it when I was forced to go, but thoroughly pleased I did. I also usually hit up 3-4 of the local breweries in the area. Always catch a Rockies game when possible. Coors Field is one of my favorites, and it sure beats sweating your balls off watching a game in Houston or Arlington.

Sushi Den has to be my favorite sushi I’ve had. Highly recommend it, but get there early. It gets BUSY. Denver Biscuit Company is a must have for breakfast, as is Sam’s #3 downtown.

Head north one day and check out Rocky Mountain National Park. Also, if you’re a long range fanatic like myself, Mile High Shooting is jus north of Denver about 1/4 mile off I-25. Small store, but absolutely packed with gear. Great way to get your hands on some items to fondle that are otherwise hard to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Couple hrs out but sure sounds interesting. Ill keep this in mind. Might stay in different towns both nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        It’s 6 hours out, and IMO there’s a lot more to do in Durango than Denver. At least things that we enjoy.

Comment

Go over to Pagosa (just east of Durango 45 miles). Spend a evening at the hot springs soaking up and enjoy a few drinks. Head over to Riff Raff Brewing for dinner. Wake up the next morning and catch a river rafting trip down the San Juan. Finish up and drive on over to Durango for the next evening. Your wife will appreciate the shopping available in downtown Durango, and there’s quite a few local breweries that are excellent for food and drink. SteamWorks and Carver happen to be my two favorite, and have excellent food. If you’re spending a 3rd day then take the train to Silverton, and rent a Razor for a half day. Spend a few hours trail riding and exploring the area (you can ride straight from the rental shop to the trail heads on pavement).

Comment

Red Rocks is a must see once, especially if a favorite band is playing.

Comment

Pretty good ideas yall. Ill toss a few of these her way and see what she says.

Comment

estes park for dinner at bird and jims after a quick tour of rocky mtn national park. Then dessert and elkins distillery right there in estes. Either the apple or cinnamon whiskey is smooth as silk

Comment

I would just buy a couple carts of jet fuel and go check out the downtown. Book a float trip on the Arkansa. Do a little hiking and enjoy the Colorado outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                    Couple hrs out but sure sounds interesting. Ill keep this in mind. Might stay in different towns both nights.

There's also the Georgetown Loop Railroad which is closer but not as impressive.

Comment

Try Roaming buffalo BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
                        Red Rocks is a must see once, especially if a favorite band is playing.
                        Tyler Childers and Robert Earle Keen are going to be there in September. I’m trying to align my work schedule to make it fit. I’m in Denver in September usually for work anyways.

Comment

We live in Denver, not sure what stuff your wife is into but there’s plenty to do. Lots of great hikes in the area, but my favorite place to hang out is RMNP. Go in on the Grand Lake side at sunrise and drive through to Estes. Estes is touristy and has plenty of gift shops and restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            We live in Denver, not sure what stuff your wife is into but there’s plenty to do. Lots of great hikes in the area, but my favorite place to hang out is RMNP. Go in on the Grand Lake side at sunrise and drive through to Estes. Estes is touristy and has plenty of gift shops and restaurants.

I think RMNP is on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              Eat at The Buckhorn Exchange.
                              I try to do this every time I go. I love the place!

Comment

Well we did a lot of driving and a little bar hopping. We drove up to Black Hawk, out west to Breckenridge, and stopped a lot of places in between. With my work guys we drove up to Boulder, over to Nederland, down to Black Hawk and then onto Denver. We didnt eat anywhere spectacular unfortunately, but over all the food was good. In Denver the Blue Bonnet mexican food restaurant is pretty solid. Bubba Gumps on the other hand is pretty terrible. In Brughton the Copper Rail Bar and Grill is a pretty good place to eat as is La Estrellita. We were going to eat at The Fort west of Denver, but it doesnt open until 430 and we were well into bar hopping by then. If you stay downtown the Lucky Strike is a really fun place. We hung out there quite a bit. Next door is Coyote Ugly which is pretty wild. Those bartenders in there really like to mess with you.

All in all we had a fun weekend and I appreciate all the info yall gave us.

Comment

Working...
                                X