Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
    Not preaching at you brother...but sure hope you aren't working on that thing at those heights by yourself? Not safe Mark!

Looking awesome BTW.
    My wife was there while I was on top of it and most of it was done off of a ladder off of the inside. I got on top to put the screws in on the outside edge only. I'm scared to death of heights so I don't take chances when it comes to roofs. I'll set up the scaffold next weekend and finish it out and be done with the metal work.

Comment

Looking awesome!

Comment

Super cool!

Comment

Your blinds are exceptional. Been browsing for some ideas on a blind I hope to start in the very near future. Have a whole lot of 10" - 12" x 8' cedar logs stacked up & ready for a "Hill Country Log Cabin" blind that I have in mind. Your works of art now have me leaning toward native stone. You have me in a quandary..... ;-) Definitely keeping an eye on this build!

Comment

Originally posted by rmneal View Post
            Your blinds are exceptional. Been browsing for some ideas on a blind I hope to start in the very near future. Have a whole lot of 10" - 12" x 8' cedar logs stacked up & ready for a "Hill Country Log Cabin" blind that I have in mind. Your works of art now have me leaning toward native stone. You have me in a quandary..... ;-) Definitely keeping an eye on this build!
            Be sure and post a lot of pictures when you start. I love looking at all of the ideas and working different things into my blinds.

Comment

I finished the metal on the roof but the wind picked up this afternoon and I didn't get the ridge cap on it. I need to get on it to put the ridge cap on and I was by myself and didn't want to risk it. I still have trim to put up on the roof.
              I filled feeders, fed the fish, set up the scaffold and laid a little bit more stone. I'm putting up the vapor barrier one piece at a time since I can't seem to keep it attached because of the wind.
              Sorry about the pic quality. The sun is really bright about the time I finish every week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                Be sure and post a lot of pictures when you start. I love looking at all of the ideas and working different things into my blinds.
                Definitely will! Been lurking on this site for years and decided to post a write-up on a water catchment we finished up last summer. Unfortunately, I never registered as a member and I'm still a few posts away from being allowed to start a new post.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

That. Is. Awesome.

Comment

This thing is a castle......

Comment

Wow

Comment

Looking good, Mark. That thing is going to be incredible, when it's done.

Comment

Looks great.

I can't see any masonry ties, so I'm not sure if you're using them. If you're not, then I would definitely start with stone going up that high.

Comment

I am using them. There will be a lot of brick ties on this thing by the time I'm finished.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X