Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    Still no blood after that 20 yards I found a hour ago, The blood I have found the last 3 spots weren't specks of blood they were large amounts around every 15 to 20 yards from eachother I've even back tracked the blood all the way back to the stand. Then I back tracked all the way to the last blood.
    There is no way the deers not dead to much blood. I hav walked atleast 15 circles around last blood.
    First started small circles then to large circles out to 60 to 70 yards. The disappointment is starting to kick in. I'm not sure what else to do. Some of y'all are saying look for tracks but there are no tracks visible......Sigh
    What kind of blood is it? Is it thick? like blood that is coughed up? If it isn't you are probably looking at where he stood for several minutes. Which side of his body is it coming out of? How far is it from where you left the track last night?

Comment

Don't give up. He's out there.

Comment

Look forward, look for gaps (between trees etc) then go there and look for blood. They generally run more or less in a line unless they are about to go down. Skip ahead to the water, look around the banks. Check the shoreline for tracks/blood. Even if gut shot, that buck is probably dead now.

Comment

Don't lose patience, you have seen good blood, you know he is there. Take your time, you will find him

Comment

Good luck he's There somewhere

Comment

I was in this situation two weekends ago...stick with him, you will find him, we tracked me deer for almost 7 hours and finally recovered my biggest deer to date, don't give up on him.

Comment

He is there wish I was closer I'd come help.

Comment

Good luck to you man. I feel for ya

Comment

check the nearest water source the direction he was traveling. and check the thicker bush spots in between and around the water.

Comment

Goodluck! Hope you find him.

Comment

Sometimes the punch will pluge the hole up. Look real good in the brush piles i found one of my deer with only the tip of the tail was sticking out of the brush. Another thing if there a fence look for a trail where he went thur or jumped. They go back where they came from most of the time. They can also hide very well,fallow the tracks when theirs no blood. i would think he would have laid down at some point. Good luck.

Comment

Grid search

Comment

X2-I shot what at the time was my best buck about 10 years ago and got poor penetration and little blood. We did a grid search and found him 300 yards away after searching for 6 hours. He was in the thickest stuff and barely visible from 10 feet away. Move slowly and look everywhere...Mine also back tracked back towards me after about 200 yards. Keep looking and then look some more.
                            Good luck
                            Originally posted by lonestar8839 View Post
                            Grid search

Comment

You Can Do It!!!!

Comment

Dont give up

Comment

Working...
                                X