TPWD calling about boat sell????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD calling about boat sell????

Has anyone ever I had the TPWD call about a boat you sold to someone? I recently sold a boat to a stranger and they called asking if I sold it and how much I sold it for. Am I obligated to tell them how much? And can they record my conversation without my consent and use it as a sworn statement?

You are not my client and this is not legal advice but if you were I'd tell you not to talk to them, at least not without legal counsel. Who knows what kind of trouble you could get yourself into.

Comment

They called me when i sold my last boat about a year ago and the person who bought it was in the TPWD office trying to change everything over. Not sure if obligated to tell or not.

Comment

Look up : Parks and Wildlife Code . Sec. 31.037. CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP INTEREST; NOTICE TO DEPARTMENT.

See if you think this applies.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have only bought one used boat and the lady did not call the owner. She took the information that we had written on the TPWD forms as the gospel and made the switch. Now I will not say whether or not what we had written down was actually how much I paid for the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
            Has anyone ever I had the TPWD call about a boat you sold to someone? I recently sold a boat to a stranger and they called asking if I sold it and how much I sold it for. Am I obligated to tell them how much? And can they record my conversation without my consent and use it as a sworn statement?
            Just say, I dont know, they buyer should have all that information. But, I would not talk to them at all.

Comment

Lol my guys gettin checked for that tax fraud bruh . They can look up nada guides just as easy cousins

Comment

A few years back a coworker sold a boat to a guy & had a game warden show up at his house asking for the amount that he had sold his boat for. He told the game warden $XX amount. I don't think it was very long and the buyer called him trying to get him to agree on a lower price and change his story. Long story short, I believe the buyer got brought up on felony charges.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                  You are not my client and this is not legal advice but if you were I'd tell you not to talk to them, at least not without legal counsel. Who knows what kind of trouble you could get yourself into.
                  Good (free) advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                    Look up : Parks and Wildlife Code . Sec. 31.037. CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP INTEREST; NOTICE TO DEPARTMENT.

See if you think this applies.

Hope this helps.
                    I knew you had to do that with a car but not a boat. Learned something today.

Comment

I bought a used boat last summer and I sure hope they didnt call the owner. He wouldn't have a clue who I was

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If only everyone would tell the truth what a simple world we would live in......

Well, except for those that don’t want to hear the truth, they would still be ****** off.

Comment

I’d keep my mouth shut unless your attorney was involved. They’re main goal is to create revenue!

Comment

^^or if we didn’t pay sales tax on personal transactions

OP, I’d probably tell them you don’t remember the price y’all negotiated.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek3189 View Post
                              if only everyone would tell the truth what a simple world we would live in......

Well, except for those that don’t want to hear the truth, they would still be ****** off.

Amen! Best to just do the right thing in the first place. Then, if questions arise, the truth is all there.

Comment

Working...
                              X