Where can we buy permethrin-10 from?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      Here's a lifetime supply:

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Man, sounds like this guy sure knows his stuff.

I do refill my cartridges. I might have to look deeper into the pad refill thing if I can find a resource by someone who seems to have more of a clue.

ThermaCELL's active ingredient is allethrin. That's not the same as permethrin. Does anyone know for sure that permethrin heated up on a pad works as well as allethrin?

Comment

TRACTOR SUPPLY sells the same bottle in the Horse section

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              Man, sounds like this guy sure knows his stuff.

I do refill my cartridges. I might have to look deeper into the pad refill thing if I can find a resource by someone who seems to have more of a clue.

ThermaCELL's active ingredient is allethrin. That's not the same as permethrin. Does anyone know for sure that permethrin heated up on a pad works as well as allethrin?
              YES ive already used it. Works just as well and smells about the same

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                TRACTOR SUPPLY sells the same bottle in the Horse section
                Thank you!

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                YES ive already used it. Works just as well and smells about the same
                and what about the flammability? is it safe to do the refill as described and place it on the heated device and not worry about it catching on fire? specially in the middle of the woods?

Comment

Thank you!

and what about the flammability? is it safe to do the refill as described and place it on the heated device and not worry about it catching on fire? specially in the middle of the woods?
                  The flammable components evaporate--dry pads are not a fire hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Had to quote because didn’t see it.

Comment

video is unavailable

Comment

I alway kept one Thermocell in each blind just in case I forget to put one in my backpak. Fun to watch yellow jackets and red wasps sting their self to death when you turn on a T-cell and they can't get out of the blind thru the mesh. Stinging scorpions do the same thing.
                        I'll bet Permethrin will kill em faster.

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started refilling the gas capsules a few years ago and since I read this thread, works great.
                              I still have not messed with "refilling" per-say the pads yet... probably never will.

Comment

Butane cartridges are easy but you need the right size nozzle on the refill can. All butane brands do not fit. For the pad recharge I use a concoction of these and mix into a small jar where I soak the old pads and them let them dry. The alcohol helps the soak thru and assists in drying. It not only repels but it also kills. Out In my shop the skeeters were bad but since I started using the Thermocell and Permithrin they gone now. Citronella candles do not work period. Actually attracts them more it seems.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-10-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X