Solo hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo hunting

Who all prefers hunting by themselves ? I find myself not wanting to take anyone and that some of my best memories are hunting alone.

Sometimes. Depends on the mood really!

Comment

I like the act of hunting alone, but I like hanging out at the camp with friends and family more than the hunt itself.

Comment

Talking specifically hunting …

For the most part, I like to hunt alone. With friends over, I feel the need to go out of my way to show them a good time and put them on the animals. It ends up putting a damper on my own hunting. Struggling to wake people up in the AM, repeated "SHHH!" as we're trying to make a stealthy entrance ,trying to get them situated in their stands, getting to my set up late, etc.

I'm no hunting expert and have a hard enough time being successful on my own. There are few people (2) I go through the effort of inviting. One of which sleeps with me Lol

As far as just being out there and enjoying the ranch or lease, the more the merrier.
        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 03-14-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I dont mind it at all. If its lease hunting with stands, I like the company. But if its hard hunting and spot and stalk, I want to be solo.

Comment

I like taking people on their first hunts, its a special moment I can help them with. I try to take one or two new hunters every year for does.

I've found that if I take any other hunter hog, coyote, or deer hunting I end up never getting an invite to their lease. Hence why I hunt by myself 99% of the time.

Comment

I hunt alone almost all the time.

Comment

Most of the time I prefer to be solo. When its duck season and the weather sucks I like to have someone with me I can complain to and freeze with.

Comment

I mostly hunt alone. But, I hunt almost exclusively public land, so there’s often not good double setups. It is t uncommon for me to move an hour and a half if I don’t get movement on a property. Not a lot of hunting partners that flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends really on the type of hunting.

If I’m hunting in Texas, in stands and at a camp it is nice to have someone to share the fire with after the day is done.

If I’m backpacking into the backcountry, solo all the way so that all the successes and failures fall on me and only me. Plus there’s something about being alone in the vast wilderness you can’t get anywhere else.

Comment

I mostly hunt alone. Wife and daughters don’t want to go and have no friends n San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Talking specifically hunting …

For the most part, I like to hunt alone. With friends over, I feel the need to go out of my way to show them a good time and put them on the animals. It ends up putting a damper on my own hunting. Struggling to wake people up in the AM, repeated "SHHH!" as we're trying to make a stealthy entrance ,trying to get them situated in their stands, getting to my set up late, etc.

I'm no hunting expert and have a hard enough time being successful on my own. There are few people (2) I go through the effort of inviting. One of which sleeps with me Lol

As far as just being out there and enjoying the ranch or lease, the more the merrier.

is the second person your wife?

Comment

I do prefer to hunt on my own, however my son is now 10 and has been tagging along with me on some hunts, and the older he gets the more he is in tow. I am more then happy to take him, but I also need to hunt with just me and the Lord. I get more out of being in the woods then just watching deer, and have found it to be a safe place of refuge and sanity.

Comment

Dove hunting me and my cousins get together and tear it up. But I guess for me it’s different everywhere I hunt is at the furthest a hour from the house. So I get up I go. I mostly predator hunt these days and honestly with all the miles and time I put in I guess I’m selfish about it. But it’s mostly cause I don’t want to wait on anyone, I want to hunt how I want to hunt, and I don’t want the pressure of just having someone with me I guess.

Comment

I used to, but now as I am getting older, I like for someone to be close enough in case of emergencies.

Comment

Working...
                              X