Considering a Traeger pellet smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a Traeger pellet smoker

I've always been a stick burner but considering making the change for ease of set it and forget it. Can anyone talk me out or into it?

Either way what smoker would you recommend? My budget is about $2000 but has a lot of wiggle room if needed. It doesn't need to be portable.

If suggesting a stick burner add another suggestion for quick grill when I don't want to wait for coals to get ready. Or will I need a 2nd gas grill.for those? I don't want 2 which is why I'm looking at pellet to begin with.

Look into Recteq, I've had mine for 2 yrs and absolutely love it.

Comment

I have never been good at BBQ but after getting a Recteq a few years ago I am now a master at brisket, burnt ends, pork loin and smoked salmon. I love my RT-700!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going down this route too and everything has me pointing to the Recteq.

Comment

Recteq if I had it to do all over again. Pits and Spitts if it is in you price range

Comment

Rectec over Traeger all day. Yoder or Pitts n Spits for higher end

Comment

Russia, China, California electricity going cost $20 to cook a brisket. Power grid failure, cyber attack, global warming. Trees are free man stick to the stick ok? Once everything goes California and no one can afford to cook bbq in their ez bake ovens they won’t be able to cook a squirrel and you’ll be smoking possum up like a king.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                You will be happy with any of these.

Comment

I just bought a Even Embers at TSC for $199 on sale for deer camp and honestly can't tell a **** bit of difference in it and my Traeger.

Comment

I have the Traeger pro 575. It doesn’t put out a lot of smoke. Other than that it’s easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my Recteq 700.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        ^^^^^This. I bought a rectec for my son a number of years ago when he bought his first house. He uses the heck out of it and it is still going strong. I have the Pitts and Spitts and it has been flawless for the nearly 4 years Ive owned it.

I just got an email from P&S regarding a hybrid pit they are selling now that is a pellet grill and stickburner. You might check it out......I didnt see the price on it though.

Comment

We have a Rectec and it's great. But the ignitor rod apparently died last night after 7 months. So there's that.

Comment

I have a treager and did a brisket today. Set it on 225 at 8, wrapped it at 1 pm, and took it off at 4 pm. Only checked on it twice other than wrapping it. It's resting now...

Highly recommend a pellet smoker. I can't recommend another brand as I have never had anything other than my traeger, but I can tell you my next pellet grill will be a yoder one day. I have had my Traeger for 10 years, never had an issue.

Comment

Green Mountain pellet smoker and grill bought two of them loved the first one i use at camp
                              then bought the second for home use. cannot go wrong for the money .

Comment

Working...
                              X