Deer Berries ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Berries ?

Is this considered deer berries? Purple berries with light green leaves? I’ve always known them to be. Correct me if I’m wrong
    Attached Files

Beauty berries. Deer will hit them hard this time of year.

Comment

I’ve got a good stand of them

Comment

Yep, American Beauty Berry.

Comment

American Beautyberry. Up until we got the rain in late August mine had no berries and the leaves looked like canoes. It’s unreal how they put on berries so guickly after the small amount of rain we had.

Comment

If yall wanna see a real American beauty Berry, just look up some pics from Team Fish Head. And you'll find some pics of me in there.

Comment

We always called them Spanish Mulberries. Looking at online images I can’t tell a difference between these and Beauty Berries

Comment

After the first frost, berries will get sweet… and pretty much everything in the woods will devour them. We’ve got tons of it up in RR county, deer love it.

Comment

I’ve got this stuff all over my place and at the deer lease. I have never seen a deer hit this stuff yet nor do I see any signs that they eat it. Just my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    If yall wanna see a real American beauty Berry, just look up some pics from Team Fish Head. And you'll find some pics of me in there.
                    Braggin’ or complainin’ ?

Comment

I know in the national forest they will tear up the twigs early season. I always heard deer will devour it but have never seen deer on my lease touch them.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        I’ve got this stuff all over my place and at the deer lease. I have never seen a deer hit this stuff yet nor do I see any signs that they eat it. Just my take on it.
                        same here, have never seen a sign of anything other than birds touching them,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          Here at my place there's not a berry or leaf left within reach. They will hit the bushes before corn. But my deer are pretty picky about their diet.

Comment

They're under a buck!

Comment

I know where a lot of this is and used to hunt around some of it. I have never seen a deer eat the plant. Has anyone actually seen a deer eating the berries? If so, I might need to go check that spot out again

Comment

Working...
                              X