No announcement yet.

Help me pick a new rifle - 6.5CM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had all of those at one time or another. Bergara, hands down. Weatherby (Howa) second. Hate a dang Browning.

Comment

I'll check out a Tikka again. But the Bergara is def in the clear lead.

Truth is that any of them will prob be good and shoot fine.

Comment

Another vote for a Tikka....

Comment

Bergara

Comment

I wouldn’t own a Bergera for anything the one I owned wouldn’t chamber a round and the mag wouldn’t hold more than one round. Was told they had major quality control issues. For your cash tikka wins

Comment

I vote Bergara!

Comment

Researching a Tikka in 308 for my son now. Loves his M77 243. This may be his move up. Haven't heard anything but good about it despite how it feels to myself. Most love the 6.5 Creed.

Berg is great too. Consumers are interesting. I have some of my own that judge the whole quality of a 5,000 sqft custom house based on the dishwasher or microwave which they chose on their own.
                Last edited by tigerscowboy; 09-20-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I have a lightly used Bergara that I bought off here last year that I would take $725 for. I bought it to shoot pigs out of the blind with a thermal but have switched to a 22-6mm AI. Gun is clean and shoots good.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would choose Bergara over all those mentioned. In fact I did. I looked at most you mentioned and landed on the Bergara and have been 1000% pleased with my decision,

If wanting a more of a hunting style, look at the Hunter or Ridge models.

That is a really fair deal if 6.5 tickles your fancy ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                      Researching a Tikka in 308 for my son now. Loves his M77 243. This may be his move up. Haven't heard anything but good about it despite how it feels to myself. Most love the 6.5 Creed.

Berg is great too. Consumers are interesting. I have some of my own that judge the whole quality of a 5,000 sqft custom house based on the dishwasher or microwave which they chose on their own.
                      My first Tikka was a CTR in .308. With a Leupold VX5 HD, 3-15 x44 and Hornady 165 gr. SST I've killed more stuff than I can count. It is crazy accurate, I've killed at least 20 hogs and deer past 300 yards, and a few at 400+. Buy him the Tikka in CTR. It will change his hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        I would choose Bergara over all those mentioned. In fact I did. I looked at most you mentioned and landed on the Bergara and have been 1000% pleased with my decision,

If wanting a more of a hunting style, look at the Hunter or Ridge models.

That is a really fair deal if 6.5 tickles your fancy ^^^^^
                        I'm going to buy a Wilderness Ridge model. It has the heavier profile barrel and muzzle break installed already.

That is a great deal on that rifle though. Someone should grab this

Comment

Bergara or a Tikka CTR

Comment

Bergara Wilderness Ridge 6.5CM inbound!

Comment

Should have gone with a Tikka CTR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tikka is always the right answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X