How Old? East Texas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Ok, you have his 8, 11yr old pics, so he must be 12....assuming the 11yr old pic was from last season. For that deer to get that old he has to have a very good sanctuary and good food.

Im pretty sure I wouldn't even eat that deer.
    Lol... yes sir 12. Maybe Jerkey?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Come On!
      Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

you'd have to re-hydrate him to turn him into jerky. that joker is leather

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
          Come On!
          Really?
          Yes really

Comment

cool old buck!

Comment

Yeah, he is jerkey on the hoof, just skin him.

Is he a visible buck or does nobody want to shoot him?

Comment

Yeah, he is jerkey on the hoof, just skin him.

Is he a visible buck or does nobody want to shoot him?
                Not sure ask Gar Guy

Comment

Not sure ask Gar Guy
                  You rascal

Ok Garguy, care to answer the question?

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    He’ll be poached shortly
                    Hahaha wouldnt be funny unless it was highly plausible

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Sounds like something I might say.
                      Glad someone caught that!

Comment

You rascal

Ok Garguy, care to answer the question?
                        He was a junker 8pt that No one wanted to shoot until he was ten. He took a good jump and was a low 40s 8 then.. He hung with fiddy so I didn't shoot him and wouldn't let anyone else near that stand.
                        At the very end of season before last he came in with lowbeam and I shot lowbeam with a muzzle loader standing right beside him.
                        Last year he was a basic six at 11 and his pic is posted. I let southern camo hunt him. He came in with a deer o called passer and Justin slung an arrow through passer instead. The writeup is on here and there is a short video of this deer coming in with passer.

I have known him all his life on small free range property and its odd but I don't really want to kill him. He has been missing several days now but if and when he shows up again I will let someone shoot him. Otherwise the yotes will just eat him.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          He was a junker 8pt that No one wanted to shoot until he was ten. He took a good jump and was a low 40s 8 then.. He hung with fiddy so I didn't shoot him and wouldn't let anyone else near that stand.
                          At the very end of season before last he came in with lowbeam and I shot lowbeam with a muzzle loader standing right beside him.
                          Last year he was a basic six at 11 and his pic is posted. I let southern camo hunt him. He came in with a deer o called passer and Justin slung an arrow through passer instead. The writeup is on here and there is a short video of this deer coming in with passer.

I have known him all his life on small free range property and its odd but I don't really want to kill him. He has been missing several days now but if and when he shows up again I will let someone shoot him. Otherwise the yotes will just eat him.
                          I sure hope he shows up when someone is there to take him...that dude is a genuine trophy for various reasons age alone makes him one to hang on the wall IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            I sure hope he shows up when someone is there to take him...that dude is a genuine trophy for various reasons age alone makes him one to hang on the wall IMO
                            What blows my mind about his buck is I've read Steve hunts alot bordering NF. Think of all the hunters over the years this deer has dodged. To make it to 12 in east texas living partially on public land is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                              What blows my mind about his buck is I've read Steve hunts alot bordering NF. Think of all the hunters over the years this deer has dodged. To make it to 12 in east texas living partially on public land is amazing
                              This one doesn't go on public land but sure goes on several other private properties where deer get randomly shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X