No announcement yet.

Letting one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where you’re located, hunting the Edwards Plateau hill country deer, he could be a bit older than what you think. Age is just a guess at best when we don’t know exactly when the deer was born. I hunt a little west of you and bucks still confuse me after hunting there all my life. I killed a buck this year I watched for the last 4 years, dad and brother said 5.5-6.5 by what his body showed, teeth showed he was definitely older 7.5-8.5.

Hope he is still around come October and you get him, beautiful deer.

Comment

3.5 - 4.5 perfectly round eyes, back end still larger than front. Going to be a BEAST in a couple years!

Comment

I think he is 3.5-4.5 in 2 more years he will be an absolute giant. Letting him walk is worth the risk cause the reward will be so much better if you get him after letting him grow to full potential.

Comment

nice

Comment

He lives!!!!!!
            We had pictures of him right before turkey season with his head gear in one protein pen. We looked near that pen but never found his sheds. Of course the grass was already thick when he dropped

Well he has moved to a different pen and seems to be taking up residence. These photos are from earlier this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Glad he made it.

Comment

Can’t wait to follow along this year and watch him grow!

Comment

In to see this guy grow

Comment

Looking forward to more pics

Comment

Great buck! That's awesome he made it another year. I don't know if I missed it, but did you name him..? How about "He" since you've been referring to him as "he".

Comment

As nice as he's looking this year, I bet he blows it out the water at 6..

Comment

Don’t be disappointed if he loses tine length and some trash... it’s what a lot do in middle age when they put on frame.

Comment

Looking forward to see the progression.

Comment

I like him

Comment

I think this may be him back in 2015. He was only around at the start of the season in 2015. Think I saw him twice. I named this deer “picket fence” because of his side profile.
                                We are excited to watch him grow. We will have to wait and see if he gets a pass this year. As I get more pictures I will add them here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X