No announcement yet.

Trapping Season Thread 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mohawkman that’s a interesting sequence of photos! When we used to trap for the fur market many of the coyotes had puncture marks from being attacked while in a trap, talk about getting kicked while your down!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Got my first but 2 bobcats. Been after these things for years, finally got it done today. Was very surprised to catch 2 today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the 1st cats ! Nice cats to boot !

We sprung our sets this morning and will re set next weekend for the long weekend of checking. That will be our last weekend trapping probably.
        Caught a coyote out in the open driving up to check. Spouse made a great shot in about 40 mph winds and snow. She was just coming in heat so maybe some wandering males will be out next weekend.
        Moved her for pics and the snow blew and started drifting on her up pretty fast.
        She's a pretty silver coyote, we'll see what she brings from the buyer or we'll get her tanned.
        Attached Files

Comment

Been swamped all winter but finally set a few set this last week. I will start hitting the cats hard in the next week or so when my daughters stock show stuff slows down. Pigs are thick at our place right know. I have caught two in the last couple days. So dry these guys are always looking for something to eat. We haven’t had any blackbuck fawns in a while. Couple bobcats caught on camera close to feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the cats deafishunter

Wytex good job

hogmess, that hog is definitely in a mess

Comment

I just got my first traps. I got a package from Minnesota Trap with Bridger #2 dogless offsets. I wanted MB 550’s but they are hard to find now. I’ve been reading on Trapperman and watching YouTube videos. I’m ready to graduate from snares to real traps!

I can’t wait to set some dirt hole and flat traps!! I’ve got an endless supply of bones, deer/javelina/pig parts for lures and bait.

What do y’all think a mountain lion would do to a #2 with a swiveled earth anchor?

Comment

I only have 2 Dogs so far. Coons and pigs are wearing me out. I don’t mind the coons so much because I need to thin them out, but the pigs are big enough to pull free.

Comment

Found Thursday on boundary, snared every hole under high fence.

Next morning on closest hole to the kill..

Comment

Wednesday Dukes

Comment

Thursday snare....

Comment

Peyton, Montgomery Fur in Utah had some MB 550s last week, we picked up 6 of the 4 coil offset traps.

You have to open the drop down to see the various style of 550s they have.
                        Good folks to deal with and ship pretty fast for us up here.
                        I buy coyote and bobcat urine from them too.

Update too, got the $100 check from the buyer to make up for his math error. We'll offer him the coyote next Saturday and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                          I just got my first traps. I got a package from Minnesota Trap with Bridger #2 dogless offsets. I wanted MB 550’s but they are hard to find now. I’ve been reading on Trapperman and watching YouTube videos. I’m ready to graduate from snares to real traps!

I can’t wait to set some dirt hole and flat traps!! I’ve got an endless supply of bones, deer/javelina/pig parts for lures and bait.

What do y’all think a mountain lion would do to a #2 with a swiveled earth anchor?
                          Peyton I’ve never trapped mountain lions, but #2s aren’t enough trap. An adult mountain lion would have to step dead center on the trap, and then I doubt it would hold. Catching a lion in a #2 could and possibly has been done, but the odds are slim. Very nice bobcat! Good luck with your new traps and keep those pictures coming.

Comment

I agree with Trapper76, I do know a # 3 with 4 coil springs will hold one, on a natural drag.
                            We 4 coil about all our traps now if we don't buy them that way. Makes them nice and snappy and good holds.

Comment

I knew I was missing a bobcat every night for the last 3 days. Due to the fur left behind. The trap wasn’t holding them. Or the cats were stepping right on the edge of the traps.
                              So after 3 straight misses, I decided to change to a #3 trap from a #1 3/4 last night. And bam! Got him!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice cat, spots for miles on that one !

Comment

Working...
                                X