No announcement yet.

Why am I hitting high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventually you will adjust , But also you can make small adjustment by raising your nock height before arrow gets some erratic arrow flight. Say 1/16 to 1/8 increment.

Comment

anchor point.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will give them a try. at 20 I’m fine. But I plan on taking shots less than 20!!

Comment

Originally posted by R.Armendariz View Post
          Eventually you will adjust , But also you can make small adjustment by raising your nock height before arrow gets some erratic arrow flight. Say 1/16 to 1/8 increment.
          this^^

Also dont rush into this thing called trad.

Get your form down get a solid anchor.

Comment

Aim lower

Comment

trad

if you are starting learn the gap to get you started, once you do that then concentrate on your spot, keep bow arm solid, get to your anchor solidly and then release with back tension smoothly follow thru. start at about 6 to 10 yards then gradually get better. shoot about 10- 20 arrows per session then back off before you get sloppy

Comment

When I don’t pick a small point to aim at, and rather shoot at the whole target...I go high.

Then I tell everyone it wasn’t be the target jumped the string....but really it’s me.

Comment

You are drawing 53-54#, that is a lot of draw weight to start out with. 40-45# would probably be easier to learn with. Form is everything. If you are really stout (also read as young) you may not be overbowed, but being overbowed can lead to some really bad habits that are really hard to break. Ask me how I know!!!

Wayne

Comment

You might find that a bow listed at your DL is easier to shoot.

I'm not familiar with Java Man bows but if they are like others, you are probably experiencing some stacking before you get to anchor since you are drawing 2" past its rating.

Just an observation that can lead to bad habits.

Comment

Since you are shooting "instinctive", and since you are "consistently" hitting 5" high, the easiest way for you to make the adjustment is:

Pick a spot 5" low of where you want to hit, and focus on it to shoot.

As others have mentioned, your brain & visual focal point will eventually align, and your problem will be resolved.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X