Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Dead on at 30, right at 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is the Coriolis effect at those extreme distances

Have to shoot straight east to west or vice versa

I have the same issue so I am now tagged to read the recommendations

Comment

likely you are not "dead on" at 20 and 30
      more likely you are slightly left at 20 and slightly right 30

your issue could be a number of reasons, arrows spine, grip torque, etc

but it really helps to know more about the specific style of longbow or recurve you are shooting

Comment

I've been on here for some years, I know how it is. It's called hunting. Bad shots happen from any weapon. Ps. Texas Born!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
          Walk back tune...
          this is incorrect

walk forward tune. you need to walk forward until you can hit the target. then stop. you are as far as you need to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
            New bow with 5 pin spott hog, adjustable in all 3 planes. Dead on at 20 and 30 but consistently hitting right about 4" at 40. Maybe it's a form breakdown or maybe a tuning issue. Thoughts?
            Is this only with field points or BHs, or both. Whats your set up?

I would double check the level of the sight bubble vs the bow as well as walk back/ BH tune. You could also be torquing the bow during the shot or be a weak spine reaction

Comment

Walk back tune, it is your rest that is not quite where it needs to be

Comment

Was it windy?

Comment

Ethical shots have been taken out to 1004 yards, so past 30 isn’t an issue. Might be form, as tuning should show up at all ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesbo View Post
                    Unethical????? Shooting with anything you choose is "unethical" whether its 20 yards with a bow or 200 yards with a rifle. Man or women, errors can happen. I bet you have made a bad shot at 20 yards with a bow and have lost animals (antelercollector). Practice at whatever yardage you choose and you increase your success.

It was sarcasm. Welcome in nubbin

Comment

sounded democratic. lol

Comment

Tell you the same thing a instructor told me during a golf lesson, aim left.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          Ethical shots have been taken out to 1004 yards, so past 30 isn’t an issue. Might be form, as tuning should show up at all ranges.

That's a heck of a bow...

Comment

Does it get worse at 50?

You have the 2nd axis adjustment to deal with. Each individual pin can be adjusted as well on a spot Hogg and they might be off a little bit

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas and even the humor. I'll walk back tune as soon as I get a chance. If that doesn't work, I'll head back to the bow shop and have them recheck 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment as well as cams.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Yep anything Beyond 30 yards is unethical anyway
                                I got roasted on AT because I said there is not such thing as an unethical shot on a feral hog.....LOL. If I see them arrows and or lead is flying end of story...

RD

Comment

Working...
                                X