No announcement yet.

Tipping At Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a Compressor station that keeps Natural Gas going to power plants. PM me for my address and mail tips to me!! Thanks in advance. <sarcasm for those who are wondering>

Comment

Always unless they ain't worth a darn..

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        I don’t know if it’s still considered to be generous.... now that I realize that the more I give, the more I get back, but I’m going to keep it rolling.

My Dad used to tell me, “you wanna be blessed? Bless somebody else. Guarantee you that you can’t outgive God”. He’s been right on both points.

I’m a good tipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know if it’s still considered to be generous.... now that I realize that the more I give, the more I get back, but I’m going to keep it rolling.
          Ahhhh and there it is, gentlemen. Prove yourself to be a good, Biblical steward of His money and see what happens.

Op, Prior to the pandemic I did not really tip too terribly much at the random jars where I know people are making a wage. I spent years in the bar business, and I know that these servers and bartenders are working for $2.13 an hour. I’m a good tipper. However I know hours are cut now for lots of people. So now I leave the same with pickup Togo food or other jars I see around.
          Last edited by JLivi1224; 08-02-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
            Always unless they ain't worth a darn..

I get much more satisfaction about discussing their deficiencies with them than withholding a tip. I mean, I’ll do both for someone with a poor attitude, but I usually have that tuned up long before the check comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tipping threads get people more fired up than a rage Broadhead thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                I recognize the folk that were there for all of us during this BS Plandemic...

It were the Truck driver, AC folk, Electricians, Plumbers, Grocery workers, restaurant folk, farmers, fishermen.

School district folk can be replaced with an algorithm, they still collect our tax money and don’t wanna do squat...Cowards ! Not only are they afraid of Kung-Flu but the BLM curriculum coming your child’s way is despicable. Stay current on affairs people.

I’m of the mind of the fella up yonder tipping $10 on a donut, probably helps them.

I don’t even begin to know where to start processing this statement. What’s this algorithm you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tipping isn't mandatory. You do a good job serving me and my family ill leave you a good tip. You do a crappy job I may not tip at all. We have a Mexican restaurant we frequent and have a couple waiters we ask for by name. When this covid crop hit they shut down briefly. When they reopened we went is as fast as we could. Wouldn't you know it, they had the two best waiters outside with a thermometer checking Temps as you went in the door. We went in and ate, service sucked. As we walked out we handed the two waiters outside $20 a piece and told them to go train up the guy who served us. Probably wasn't right but it is what it is.

Comment

Tipping a cashier? If you feel led to do so then do it

Blessing folks I don't consider to be "tipping"

I tipped the 2 young men working at Subway last night because they had a great attitude

Normally any fast food does not get a tip from me.
                    There was a local place, had to go in and order like fast food and then they tell you where to sit. Pay when you order and they didn't get a tip then nor when I left due to the poor service. We never went a second time.

Comment

Tipping is getting out of hand. Everyone expects a huge tip. My deal is they know what they’re getting into when they got that job. Find another one if youre not paid enough. That said I tip based off service. Good service good tip. Bad service no tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                        Tipping is getting out of hand. Everyone expects a huge tip. My deal is they know what they’re getting into when they got that job. Find another one if youre not paid enough. That said I tip based off service. Good service good tip. Bad service no tip.
                        I agree with you.

Comment

Wow!!!! We are probably considered overly generous tippers and dont over think the small things in life.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I tip generously, reason being my mother had a small restaurant during the entire time I was growing up and I worked in all of the positions. I always felt fortunate to have moved on and find good employment.
                            Imo waiting on people will open your eyes. In general people are good except a small percentage.
                            Last edited by tps7742; 08-02-2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I tipped ten bucks on a donut this morning.

Didn’t change my day in the least, but it may have helped hers.
                              How I try to live.

Comment

[QUOTE=curtintex;15010346]My Dad used to tell me, “you wanna be blessed? Bless somebody else. Guarantee you that you can’t outgive God”. He’s been right on both points.

I’m a good tipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/
                                This statement is so true!!

Comment

Working...
                                X