X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapped in this trap?
    2019 - 6
    2020 - 138
    2021 - 16 (we sprayed roundup and killed everything, driving pigs out)
    2022 - so far - 1. Depending on how they move, we could catch a little or a lot.

Comment

Look at this!

Texas sized raccoon!

The wind is really howling tonight.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In my sexy voice: Hey, hey, big boy! We are open for business, come stay awhile!

The cameras are at about 30" high. This big one just showed up last night. There's still a sounder of 8 running around, but they haven't come back to the pen ... yet. We will try to remedy that tonight.

(btw - the times are correct - I have 2 cameras set up side by side because I was trouble shooting and checking on one. I'll be moving one camera tonight. )

Comment

Dang that’s a big ol pig!

Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Your gonna have to raise the gate higher !!

Comment

That fat sucker may have been cut

Comment

getem!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    That fat sucker may have been cut
                    Now that I look a little harder at it, I'm not entirely convinced that is a boar hog. Could be a sow. We had one hanging around that we referred to as the shetland pony.

This is her from 2020.

Comment

Oooh! New customers!

Did they trigger it??

To be continued .......
                      Attached Files

Comment

Push that tire.

Comment

Nope but the deer are sure enjoying the set up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is with some trepidation that I'm updating this thread. We have not seen any hogs in 6 weeks. I've seen them on my neighbors' places but no where near my trap. Perhaps with the numbers we took out they are staying off property, which is fine but I sure like trapping them. Plus my preacher neighbor has been asking for more hog meat - and raccoons.

Well we finally had a boar hog show up on camera. But, would he go in? Hmm. (note the time)

Yes, I think he will... but will he push the tire to drop the gate?

Well, how about that? It took him a while. It must have been that entire bag of corn i put out between the gate and the trigger.

While I did not weigh him, I'm fairly confident he was about 140-160. I'm getting pretty good at weight judging, especially in that range. I think he was an older hog, too, because he had ulcers on his gums from his cutters. Sorry, I didn't think to grab a picture of it.

Dropped him with one shot to the head with a 243. I love that Browning A Bolt.

Comment

So this morning I checked the camera, not really expecting anything except deer.

Nope. Look at this bad boy! Come on in, Big Boy, Momma has something special for you!

Comment

But alas, not today. You come back soon, Sweetie. I'd love to have you for the night .... and day.

Comment

Working...
                                X