Entergy Transfer Wants to Cut Power Off in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entergy Transfer Wants to Cut Power Off in Texas

While I don't think they should cut the gas off right now I also think the other company needs to pay their bills in a timely manner. Why should the gas provider have to float them? Did they take them to raise?

-john

Comment

All talk IMO, they’re trying to collect a debt with the only collateral they have, their gas.I believe that’s all it is, a threat to collect on a debt. We threaten to suspend services all the time for non payment.

They just want to be payed what they’re owed. Thread title is misleading as cnn
      Last edited by TheHammer; 01-21-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

They provided a product and haven’t gotten paid for that product. If we don’t pay our light bill the power company wont hesitate about turning our power off…..not supposed to happen until the 24th after this cold front. I work for Energy Transfer and if I am on the grid that happened to lose power if gas is shut off then so be it. Pay your bill……

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
          They provided a product and haven’t gotten paid for that product. If we don’t pay our light bill the power company wont hesitate about turning our power off…..not supposed to happen until the 24th after this cold front. I work for Energy Transfer and if I am on the grid that happened to lose power if gas is shut off then so be it. Pay your bill……
          Exactly. Pay your bill and quit being a crybaby trying to put the blame on someone else.

Comment

Energy* Transfer. What do you think should happen when you get 21 million dollars behind on your bill?

Comment

Posturing.

Comment

Sounds to me that Vistra needs to pay their bill.

Comment

What about the price gouging during the big freeze. Energy transfer should be shut down at the state line.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    What about the price gouging during the big freeze. Energy transfer should be shut down at the state line.
                    That started at the producers level not the midstream. They were buying it higher per mcf, which translated down the line.

Comment

Pay up Vista

Comment

It's illegal to cut off gas and other essential utilities in winter-time... I lived in Wisconsin working for a power provider, and we were not allowed to cut off gas and electricity until I think May 1. It was amazing how many people didn't pay utilities starting in November until May 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Prices are agreed upon at least a year if not several years in advance. Prices don’t increase because a freeze is coming or a storm is in the gulf. BTW Energy Transfer is based in Dallas and supports thousands of Texas families.

Comment

That's funny because Energy Transfer doesn't pay their bills for sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                              BTW Energy Transfer is based in Dallas and supports thousands of Texas families.
                              Yep, they bought Sunoco and several other Texas companies. They employ a lot of Texas folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X