No announcement yet.

O.H. Ivie giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man sure are a lot of guys that claim this is hurting bass fishing, probably also claim that fishing and hunting is "becoming too expensive for the common man"

Look at all the SAL that were caught last season, they were brought back to HQ, had their genetics taken so they could get off spring from them and then released back into the lake.

Lakes that have had SAL fry stocked in them have already proven the viability of this program and it shows on the lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      "These guys" is not just a few anymore and the numbers are growing as it becomes more and more publicized. Catching these rare fish over and over will result in higher morbidity rates.
      I'm not against it. Just saying it will either result in more regulations or in reduced numbers of these large fish.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Yep, just like cell cameras....it's gotten too easy now. A 10lb fish won't mean nearly as much as it did, and it'll turn into a **** show. The real fisherman would be fine, but now it's turning into a ****** bag sport...every tool with a straight piped dodge, a 90k dollar boat, and a pair of white framed sunglasses (all financed for 10 years), will be out there killing fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Yep, just like cell cameras....it's gotten too easy now. A 10lb fish won't mean nearly as much as it did, and it'll turn into a **** show. The real fisherman would be fine, but now it's turning into a ****** bag sport...every tool with a straight piped dodge, a 90k dollar boat, and a pair of white framed sunglasses (all financed for 10 years), will be out there killing fish.
        you think the stuff is only financed 10 years? but well said

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
          Garmin has changed the game for locating big fish.
          Yes I listen to a local fishing show(radio)and I here these guides talking about how this new technology basically makes it impossible for fish to hide these days.. Same in Crapppie tournaments. They can consistently target and catch the big ones now with these electronics.. Things have definitely changed. It all showed be outlawed IMO..
          Much like Boone and Crockett is re-evaluating and looking to change its rules on all of this long range hunting and use of electronics for book animals.. It reaches a point were its not "hunting". It's just killing.. And many animals are crippled and lost because everybody is a LR sniper these days.. BIG changes are coming..
          Last edited by PondPopper; 01-18-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I've never been a big dodge fan. I have a lot of friends in the industry and this is not them. As with hunters most fisherman care more about the game and habitat than the average guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
              Are they actually killing fish?
              No. Not catching them this way.

Comment

Yep. Same goes for the fancy guns, with fancy scopes covered in fancy knobs and electric range finding powers and all the rest of the bells and whistles. Oh and the 1,000 yard "muzzle loaders" that are being used these days.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                  It's all debatable but there are studies that these large fish, being caught and stressed during an ready stressful time does result in higher percentage chance of death.
                  Coupled with targeting and pressuring them repeatedly, I'm sure would raise those percentages.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                  Is it any more stressful for those fish to be caught using a livescope than it would be catching that fish off of a bed in a couple months? I'd say highly unlikely.

Am I wrong or aren't those fish in there for us to catch?

I've had livescope since last spring, it does not make the fish magically jump in the boat. It will allow you to target suspended fish easier but they still have to bite. I'd wager most people who buy livescope won't spend the time to learn it and be effective with it anyway. They'll go out and play with a for a little while then go back to throwing their favorite plug or chatterbait at the bank.

Comment

Your correct but in the spring there will only be a couple months where those fish are vulnerable and people can catch them up shallow. With the new technologies the times of year when those fish would be able slide off in deeper water and be unmolested is gone and with more and more information it will get easier and easier for people get on those fish which will increase catch rates.

Comment

Crappie fishing is what livescope is going to eventually hurt bad. Its not weekend anglers that catch 30 or 40 per trip. Its the 100s of guides that take 4 to 6 people daily sometimes twice a day and they all limit out. 100 to 200 crappie per guide sometimes twice a day. That will put a serious hurt on the fish and fishery and do it sooner than later.

Comment

I've never been a big dodge fan. I have a lot of friends in the industry and this is not them. As with hunters most fisherman care more about the game and habitat than the average guy.
                        Yeah, the real fisherman. I'm talking about the new crowd coming in because of the "cool tech", just out there for the facebook glory.

Comment

I have a lot of friends in the industry and this is not them. As with hunters most fisherman care more about the game and habitat than the average guy.
                          Are you the Dru from BTL?
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 01-18-2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Most think you can stick a livescope on your boat and go catch them. That’s not the case at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbull9 View Post
                              Most think you can stick a livescope on your boat and go catch them. That’s not the case at all.
                              But you can greatly increase your chances of finding them..

Comment

Working...
                              X