No announcement yet.

O.H. Ivie giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which fishery are you referring to as catch and release?

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      I can see it turning into heavier restrictions in the form of limited seasons, and limited numbers of boats allowed on a lake during certain seasons. The resource won't handle the pressure unless restrictions are applied. IMO

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      I agree, it’s not about food anymore. Start thinking about what we leave for our kids instead of how many can we keep tomorrow.

Comment

These guys are targeting and catching only a handful of bass a day at most and releasing them all....it will not hurt the population of fish, now overcrowding (PIA boating) will certainly be a problem at some of the lakes, but that will limit itself over time.

My guess is you could see crappie limits changed at some point because of the tech. but bass will be fine. Most of the anglers that are springing for this tech. are catch and release only anyway, will you have delayed mortality on some, sure, but destruction of habitat (spraying grass, etc...) is WAY more impactful on the fish population than the invention of these graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
          Which fishery are you referring to as catch and release?
          Bass .
          I am not a fresh water except management of stock tanks
          Large water I have zero on

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
            These guys are targeting and catching only a handful of bass a day at most and releasing them all....it will not hurt the population of fish, now overcrowding (PIA boating) will certainly be a problem at some of the lakes, but that will limit itself over time.

My guess is you could see crappie limits changed at some point because of the tech. but bass will be fine. Most of the anglers that are springing for this tech. are catch and release only anyway, will you have delayed mortality on some, sure, but destruction of habitat (spraying grass, etc...) is WAY more impactful on the fish population than the invention of these graphs.
            It’s just another added tool making it easier to catch em, yes it will be detrimental due to the fact of more people catching more fish leading to higher mortality and less bass getting to that size.

Comment

Running Live Scope to this level is a high end learned skill.
              The argument can be made that it creates a unfair advantage. And if it creates a un fair advantage it will be made illegal.
              So get it while you can!!
              Fishing Ivie in Jan.-Feb. could be brutally cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                These guys are targeting and catching only a handful of bass a day at most and releasing them all.
                "These guys" is not just a few anymore and the numbers are growing as it becomes more and more publicized. Catching these rare fish over and over will result in higher morbidity rates.
                I'm not against it. Just saying it will either result in more regulations or in reduced numbers of these large fish.

Comment

"These guys" is not just a few anymore and the numbers are growing as it becomes more and more publicized. Catching these rare fish over and over will result in higher morbidity rates.
                  I'm not against it. Just saying it will either result in more regulations or in reduced numbers of these large fish.

I agree.

Comment

Pretty soon the "trophy Bass Lease" will be a big thing. Its already there but I see if getting bigger over the next 20 years.

Comment

Livescope is so 5 years ago. Just wait till you see the new stuff. Having to work to locate fish or even the exact size/species of fish you are looking for will be a thing of the past. The only sport left in it will be getting them to take what you keep dropping in front of their mouths as you follow them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Livescope is so 5 years ago. Just wait till you see the new stuff. Having to work to locate fish or even the exact size/species of fish you are looking for will be a thing of the past. The only sport left in it will be getting them to take what you keep dropping in front of their mouths as you follow them around.
                        I agree, I can slow buzz a offshore structure and see 360* what type of fish and levels, I would think fresh water is =

Comment

Capitalism is so awesome, it gives people a means to pull themselves out of poverty but in the name of expanding and growing it sure has unintended consequences from time to time lol. Always looking for the next big thing to increase profits our fishing sports as an example will be demolished in the future, and resources will continue to dwindle and dwindle.

Comment

Ditto, its all over social media and its not good.

Comment

Are they actually killing fish?
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                                Are they actually killing fish?
                                It's all debatable but there are studies that these large fish, being caught and stressed during an ready stressful time does result in higher percentage chance of death.
                                Coupled with targeting and pressuring them repeatedly, I'm sure would raise those percentages.

Comment

Working...
                                X