Pigeon Forge TN. Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigeon Forge TN. Fishing

About to visit there , has anyone been lately?

Things to must see, fishing info, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of things to do in that area, pigeon forge, Gatlinburg, Townsend, Cherokee. I'd recommend the play put on by college students "unto these hills" it's the story of the Cherokee Indian. Put on in the evening at an outdoor ampatheatre in Cherokee.

Comment

Cherohala Skyway
      Bald River Falls, Ocoee River - white water rafting
      Cades Cove - HUGE deer and bear. Take binos, daylight is best time. Least traffic
      The Lost Sea
      Blue Ridge Parkway
      US Hwy 129 (aka to tourists The Dragon. Known to locals as The Gap. Watch out for the slow poke traffic causing Harley riders that think they are flying at 24mph)
      Cherokee NC

If you are into traffic and tourist junk, then Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg can keep you busy.

If you are young, then go Friday/Saturday night and cruise The Strip, main drag, in Gatlinburg. I spent many weekends and miles on my hotrod and motorcycle up there picking up chicks.

Comment

Moonshine and Paula Deans restaurant

Comment

Smoky Mountain Knife Works and Bud's Gun Shop are both close by.

Comment

Just got back, so much rain that all the creeks were muddy and not fishable. We did Gatlinburg and Cherokee over two days. There is an arts/crafts loop outside Gatlinburg that has some cool stuff from local artist and craftsmen.

I think there are a couple of fishing shops in Gatlinburg. You may check in with them to see where to go. Not sure what licenses you need to fish in the Parkway but lots of good looking water.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Some good suggestions.

But, not a one of you mentioned, it would take 16 hrs. Driving...[emoji33][emoji16][emoji15]

It doesn’t help that everyone wore their 1 hour bladder. [emoji23][emoji41]

Comment

Bump for AHT.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                  About to visit there , has anyone been lately?

Things to must see, fishing info, etc

We are leaving for Pigeon Forge on Friday. My son and I plan on doing some fishing while there. I've read they release trout in the local river once every two week January-June. We will be there at the end of the last release. Going to give it a try anyway.

Have you already been?

Comment

Just got home at 1:00am.... left there at 8:00am.

Didn’t get a chance to fish, but we did see several fly fishing in the river running thru town. Easy access by the old mill store.

Standing on the bridge looking down, the river is LOADED with trout, several big ones in there. The creek between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge reminded me alot of Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      Just got home at 1:00am.... left there at 8:00am.

Didn’t get a chance to fish, but we did see several fly fishing in the river running thru town. Easy access by the old mill store.

Standing on the bridge looking down, the river is LOADED with trout, several big ones in there. The creek between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge reminded me alot of Colorado.

Awesome. I appreciate the info.

We are going to get after them.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                        We are leaving for Pigeon Forge on Friday. My son and I plan on doing some fishing while there. I've read they release trout in the local river once every two week January-June. We will be there at the end of the last release. Going to give it a try anyway.

Have you already been?
                        Drive across the mountain to Cherokee, NC. They have some good trout fishing.

Comment

Working...
                        X