No announcement yet.

What's best auto battery for the $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several years ago (maybe 25?) I was running a diesel and learned to take them in 2 months before the warranty ended and get them tested---worked every time--got a new battery from WM.

I know one thing, like everything else, battery prices are to the moon.

Comment

Optimum red top it’s the best battery I’ve used. Got it used from an uncle and it lasted close to 10 years after that. Went with interstate since that’s what we carry at work and battery happened to die on the way to work.

That interstate battery is less than 2 years old and is leaking acid. Battery looks like it’s been in the truck for 20 years. Also interstate is only 36 month warranty now

I’m probably wrong but almost all brand batteries that I’ve looked at are only good for a 36 month warranty

Comment

If you are just out of warranty, stop in and see if they have a prorated warranty. My motorcrafts did and I ended up paying half price for both batteries.

That said, I love my lithium antigravity battery, which wouldn't work in your application, but antigravity make really good AGM batteries that might work, and save some weight too.

Comment

A buddy works for a huge parts company in Houston. They carry numerous different name brands. He tells me they all send out duds and he does almost the same amount of sales as warranty's. He was selling me a new battery cause mine died 2 months after the warranty ended...
          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 11-27-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

WM batteries for me. Bought one from Oreillys once for convenience, seemed almost twice as high.

Comment

Check Costco. Best price I found this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                What symptoms led you to thinking battery was bad?

What vehicle?

It would not crack, as soon as I put on my portable battery jump start it's cracks right away.

I just use truck for work , 7 miles one way then 7 miles back every day.

As soon as it gets cold I always start having trouble cracking vehicle on.

It did same thing last year around this time and same thing - they all tested battery and it was good to go. I think they charged fully that time and never had problems after they charged it until now, a year later

My truck is a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado with 74k miles
                Last edited by RiverRat00; 11-27-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Clean battery terminals, cable ends and grounds.

Comment

I'm a fan of buying at Batteries Plus.

They usually have the best price, and you get an extra $20 off for ordering online and then going to the store to get it. I'm picking on up for the Kubota CTL tomorrow. Duracell.

Optimas are not what they once were. Not a fan.

Comment

Interstate. Run them in my boat and vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by JuDGe View Post
                        Looking at this video and with the “for the money” value, it looks like Walmart is the runaway winner. It certainly outperforms others at a higher cost.

…. of the ones they tested.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          Looking at this video and with the “for the money” value, it looks like Walmart is the runaway winner. It certainly outperforms others at a higher cost.

…. of the ones they tested.
                          There a several posts here about warranty. You can, and I did buy their premium battery with a 5 year full replacement warranty.

Comment

Working...
                          X