X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    https://vakayrvrentals.com/vakay-ready

Are these the scam artists?
    I'd like to see what people who rented through this company have to say. Curious if they scam renters also by keeping deposit etc.

OP - File with BBB It may not do any good for you but it's quick. It may save others from getting screwed.

They only have two filings against them so far. But looks like they resolved them so they did take action after being filed with BBB.
    This organization is not BBB accredited. RV Rental in Richmond, TX. See BBB rating, reviews, complaints, & more.
    Last edited by RiverRat1; 09-14-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      https://vakayrvrentals.com/vakay-ready

Are these the scam artists?
      Yes, that's them. That page is actually "another" company/service that they "provide".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Keep in mind that your insurance will very likely try to dispute your claim for renting it, unless there is a specific clause for it.

I hate you’re having to deal with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This is very likely
        Id like to see the contract with vakay...

But this sucks, you probably just lost alot of money, and don't get in the trap of spending good money at bad money.

Comment

Maybe have a friend rent the trailer, then not fill out the paperwork, block it in, call the sheriff, you bring the title and paperwork, and take the trailer home?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Kevin, is the contract with Vakay or with the ultimate renters? Did the rent checks come from the renters or Vakay? I saw on their website that they set it up for the renters, so did the renters then move it themselves to Louisiana from the Woodlands?
            If I had to guess, there is a contract between Kevin and vakay, then another contract between vakay and the renter.

Vakay is probably only responsible for any damage when the rv is in vakays possession. Once it is rented the contract between vakay and the renters probably makes the renters responsible for all damage.

We know how trying to collect money from a renter is going to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              This is a question for anyone in law enforcement.

On another thread, I mentioned that we had a contract with a company to rent out our RV. They told us that it was out on a long term rental, and it's been that way for the last two years. They are consistently at least 3 months behind on payment. Right now, they're 5 months behind. Back in March, our contract was up, and we told them that we wanted the RV back, and we were ignored.

We spoke to a LEO friend that said we first needed to send a "10 day demand letter", certified mail, with signature receipt. We did that, and they did sign for the letter. That was on the 18th of August, so we're well past the 10 days. According to the friend, we can now report the RV as stolen, to the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office.

Here's where I run into conflict. We have another friend that listed his RV with the same company, and has the same results. He didn't send a letter, but instead called the FBSO and they told him there was nothing they could do as it was a civil matter.

Does the 10 day demand letter change anything for me? Or will I end up having to file a lawsuit against them, to get my trailer back? If the letter does make this a theft, can you direct me to the legal stuff to reference?

Just in case you're wondering, the name of the company is Vakay RV Rentals in Rosenburg. If you're in the market to rent an RV or to get yours rented, stay very far away from these people.

I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on Tv.

I would send the demand certified mail and after the 10 days report it stolen.

Comment

declare it stolen and file an insurance claim.

let the insurance company recoup.

Comment

All i know is i will never rent my RV out after reading a story like this.

I'm in the camp of reporting it stolen and then filing a BBB claim and potentially a suit against Vakay for not acting on your behalf and trying to recover the property after the agreement and payments ceased.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                    All i know is i will never rent my RV out after reading a story like this.

I'm in the camp of reporting it stolen and then filing a BBB claim and potentially a suit against Vakay for not acting on your behalf and trying to recover the property after the agreement and payments ceased.

I like this idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update!

Tina went to the Ft Bend Sheriff's Office with all the required documents.
                      They filed a stolen vehicle report and praised her on having all her ducks in a row with the demand letter, signed receipt, contract and proof of where it was.

I don't know how fast they'll act, but Vakay will be getting a visit from a detective in the near future.

In the mean time, I'll file a complaint with the BBB.

Bryan11, renting RVs could be a lucrative business, but I wouldn't trust someone like this. If you did it yourself, through rvshare.com or outdoorsy.com, I think you could have a much better result. We were doing it like that at first, but with our schedules, and having the RV stored 15 miles from our house, it was just a pain.
                      I think I'll wait to see what kind of shape it's in, before I file a suit for the owed money.

Comment

Update!

They filed a stolen vehicle report and praised her on having all her ducks in a row with the demand letter, signed receipt, contract and proof of where it was.

I don't know how fast they'll act, but Vakay will be getting a visit from a detective in the near future.

Bryan11, renting RVs could be a lucrative business, but I wouldn't trust someone like this. If you did it yourself, through rvshare.com or outdoorsy.com, I think you could have a much better result. We were doing it like that at first, but with our schedules, and having the RV stored 15 miles from our house, it was just a pain.
                        I think I'll wait to see what kind of shape it's in, before I file a suit for the owed money.
                        I actually wrote a comment to your OP similar to this comment but then deleted it before posting.

I was going to address where you said ”We have another friend that listed his RV with the same company, and has the same results. He didn't send a letter, but instead called the FBSO and they told him there was nothing they could do as it was a civil matter”

It probably depended on who your friend talked to. Was it actually a deputy who knew what he was talking about? The “civil issue” answer is at times popular with some officers as at usually requires no paperwork.

Was it a deputy trying to minimize paperwork who knew that he wasn’t telling the complete story?

Was it a deputy telling the truth because without a demand letter, it is a civil matter but…. he didn’t mention that IF you do these things, it will no longer be a civil issue?

There are plenty of reasons that officers will put on those roller skates.

As you demonstrated, when she went down there, there was no problem at all with filing charges.

Comment

Update!

Good deal!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is sounding better than I expected!

Comment

Another thing to think about is will your rv insurance cover any loss or damage? Most carriers exclude coverage if the rv is used in a rv rental or sharing program. Look at your policies and call your agents to make sure.

Comment

Good read

Comment

Working...
                                X