Texas Agriculture Got Hit Hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    I’m being a bit nosey, but the lobbying calls you are on, is this part of your work with SCI?
    No worries. These zoom calls (usually done in person in DC) are in support of Land Grant Universities.....our nationwide network of Ag Schools specifically. I am the current CARET chairman (volunteer supporter) for Land Grants across the southern region/states. It is amazing that Clemson, Ok State, North Carolina A&T, etc all have like issues with funding of core programs. Just another way to give back and support our ag producers & universities with more than words.[emoji106][emoji230][emoji609]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
      Fun left 3 years ago
      Probably longer than that, when LCRA stopped the flow of water for rice so Austin could grow, lots of folks belly upped
      Between lack of water and technology costs on seed and chemicals

Comment

A 3 inch rain would be a good place to start for the climb out of this hole I fell in

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Probably longer than that, when LCRA stopped the flow of water for rice so Austin could grow, lots of folks belly upped
          Between lack of water and technology costs on seed and chemicals
          Not necessarily true. Most of the rice farmers I know that were shut off from LCRA qualified for preventative planting (insurance). They were paid on average around $600 per planted acre based off their annual planted acre history. That's $600 revenue per acre without crop or market risk. Many of them bought new equipment while they waited things out. By the way, you cant make close to $600 per acre by growing a really good crop of rice.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            God Bless, our Farmers and Ranchers......................
            God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              I too hate bail outs. It keeps those in that don’t need to be in... In
              And keeps the market from ever balancing out.

Different industry but I strongly agree with this!

Comment

Working...
              X