Food poisoning sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    My experience is that it blows, not sucks. And from both ends. Sometimes simultaneously
    beat me to it.

Comment

I can speak as a Licensed .. Larry The Cable Guy - Health Inspector. Watch dehydration and anything that lasts longer than 48 hours .. See a Doctor. Could be a LOT of things .. It could be anything you ate within the last 72 hours maybe longer with a few ..
      Be careful and take care of yourself

Comment

Bro I got salmonella poisoning last year, I fought it off for about 3 or 4 days and finally went in. Took a strong dose of drugs to get rid of it! It was not fun! Get yourself in bubba...

Comment

I can relate...three timer here...

Unspeakable things...

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            I got it on my first trip to Africa. It was horrible. Had to keep working through the entire mess. Thank god there was a rest on the rig floor. BUT definitely see a doctor. It usually blows through in about a day or so.
            I got it in west Africa too. It was a rough 2 days. Never ate a Nigerian hot dog again after that.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
              I got it in west Africa too. It was a rough 2 days. Never ate a Nigerian hot dog again after that.
              That just sounds dangerous - like truck stop sushi

Comment

You eat popeyes chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Natty Light has the same affect.
                  Keeps me regular

Comment

Get to the doctor if it has lasted more than 24 hours. I have had it three times in my life and it's typically a day of any opening being exit only. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Had it one time years ago. My O ring has never been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        That just sounds dangerous - like truck stop sushi
                        Everything we ate there was dangerous and spicy on top of that. The bottom end was always a problem; it's when the food starts leaving the top end that you know you have a real problem on your hands.

Comment

Had it once right after I graduated from college. Stayed home sick with everything coming out of every orifice. My GF (now wife) came by to check on me when she got off work. I was laid up in bed, just watching tv and I didn't have any clothes on. At this point I was feeling better, but not 100%.

I had a huge lapse in judgement.

While she was laying on the bed beside me, her on top of the covers and me under the covers just laying there watching TV, I felt a fart coming on. For reasons unknown, I thought I could trust this fart.

I was wrong. I just looked over at her and said, "You need to get out of my room immediately." Yep, I sharted.

Comment

Yes, my wife and I both had severe food poisoning at the same time. About 15 years ago, my wife had heart surgery on a Tuesday. She didn't really feel like eating anything until Friday night, then she wanted something from Taco Bell. I went our local Taco Bell / Long John Silvers combo restaurant and got food to go. She had a Taco Bell meal and I got a Long John seafood meal. We also each got an side order of "cheesy mashed potatoes" from Taco Bell. Our boys were only about 2 and 4 years old at the time, and we shared our meals with both boys, with the exception of the cheesy mashed potatoes. When I got the food home, those cheesy mashed potatoes were still so freaking hot you couldn't eat them. We ate around 7 p.m. and by midnight we were both fighting over the toilet with it coming oout of both ends. We barely managed to survive until Monday morning, then went to the medical clinic. However, they didn't open for 30 minutes. My wife didn't think she could make it, so she went to the emergency room and I went to the clinic when they opened. Both doctors said there was no doubt we had food poisoning. We could not hold anything down, even water, until Monday at noon. Both of us thought we might die and we're just extremely thankful neither one of the boys got sick. The doctor said it probably would have killed them being so young. I called Long Johns / Taco Bell and they denied it was food poisoning, claiming no one else has gotten sick. Food poisoning is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. It took a solid 8 years before we ate there again.
                            In hind sight, I believe they must have dripped some raw chicken juice, or something, in the cheesy mashed potatoes and cranked the heat as high as possible attempting to kill the bacteria. Let me tell you, they failed!

Comment

I've had more "issues" than I care to remember. But Grizz83, usually private. I ate bad squid once in NYC, so bad.... That fishy smell would not go away...
                              Last edited by wdtorque; 09-19-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Well good news all the symptoms have pretty much gone away feeling much better now.

Comment

Working...
                                X