No announcement yet.

Americans killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll get with you Ronnie. Sounds like a good time. I'll pack along my little friend just so you can sleep better.

Gary

Comment

DRT - not trying to be political, just stating what is, from experience. My wife is from Sinaloa and we drive down periodically. American plates are prevalent, with all the "chocolate" cars in Mexico. Daytime driving is advisable, and stick to the main roads. It is just a Big Gang fight.

Ronnie - you'll be fine, as safe as you'd be in Chicago or New York city.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76aggie View Post

There are some great hunting and fishing opportunities over there as well as wonderful vacation destinations. That being said, I have sworn off spending my money over there until their government decides to clean up the country. Don't look for that to happen any time soon.

You swore off hunting in Arizona until our country figures out how to clean up our country?

Sorry, I did err in my comment not reading the OP was going to Arizona. I agree you should be fine in AZ but I still have strong feelings about the country to our south. Their president politely declined President Trump's offer for assistance.

Hope you take a nice one with your longbow.

Comment

Having grown up around the border and spending time there now for work, I can tell you flat out that the border is just a line on a map. Everyone is safe there...until they’re not. I’m sure lots of people travel safely to Lebanon and places like that all the time, but I won’t be one of them because there’s one guarantee that you won’t be a victim of violence (intended or accidental) and that’s to be somewhere else.

Mexico is a failed Narco state and we don’t do a lot to make sure their problems stay on the other side of that fence and if you don’t live on a border. You have no idea how frequently people get caught up in incidents they didn’t plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
            Problem with sending the military down there is just like the middle east.
            How do you tell a civilian from a cartel member?

There’s also the problem of an existing agreement with Mexico that we WON’T use our military to police the border. It’s not just as simple as “send the military”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
              Ronnie did you draw a javalina tag? Good luck and I too hope you get a hunting partner for your trip.

Mexico, great video thanks for sharing.
              Haven't got it yet Ben but I called and they implied that I did. No biggie tho, prolly get an otc deer anyway.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                Haven't got it yet Ben but I called and they implied that I did. No biggie tho, prolly get an otc deer anyway.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

I’ll tell you, my family and our friends did a couple of AZ javelina hunts every year growing up and it was my favorite hunts of the year. It was work humping it up and down those hills, but totally worth it.

I get why you’d want to do it, but there’s a reason we don’t have that tradition any longer! All politics and “who’s at fault” and “build the wall” talk aside, be careful and keep your eyes wide open.

Comment

Situational awareness is key in any new and different place, add fluidity of the "line on the ground" and that makes it that much more important.

Comment

There are signs in Big Ben National Park advising you not to be there after dark due to drug trafficking.

There are highway signs in Arizona telling you not to travel at night. IN THE US.

The Mexican government proved that they have lost control of the country after they had to release El Chapa’s son several days back.

It’s gone beyond being a police matter.

Mexico is a **** hole.

Comment

time to put some bait out; travel at night; and smoke some of these a holes.

Comment

I avoid the east side of Esplanade in New Orleans at all cost late at night. OK in the daytime...sorta. I will be spending the winter in mexico as I have since the 80's. Only problem I have ever had in Mexico is when my home in La. was robbed while I was at the ranch. There are problem areas all over the world . Be smart about where you go anywhere and behave appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          I avoid the east side of Esplanade in New Orleans at all cost late at night. OK in the daytime...sorta. I will be spending the winter in mexico as I have since the 80's. Only problem I have ever had in Mexico is when my home in La. was robbed while I was at the ranch. There are problem areas all over the world . Be smart about where you go anywhere and behave appropriately.
                          Situational awareness and caution.

Comment

Working...
                          X