No announcement yet.

Need an opinion on a deer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion this is an older deer. I think on a high fence place with introduced genetics I would be killing most of the main frame 8's on the place by 4.5. Wish I had that luxury of having to "cull" bucks like this.

Comment

I think that deer is 5.5 or older and would make a great trophy for someone. But needs to go unless your wanting big 8's and not big 10's/12's

Comment

hammer time. mature. huge 8.

Comment

Huge body last year and this year. I bet I could get you a hunter. I work with a guy that is obsessed with trying to kill a big 8 like this. Beautiful buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO people nowadays looking to buy hunts are after big typicals, not so much the non-topicals. If he lost the trash and still has the length I’d give him another year and see what he does.

Comment

Choooot!!!

Comment

Pass my 240" was a main frame 8 at that age with kickers. He blew up and had 21 scoreable points at 7.5yrs when I killed him

Comment

I’m a seeing a mature deer for sure. Depending on your management plan/goals I’d say he needs to be removed. Let me know if you need someone to take him out for you

Comment

It would depend on your ranch plan on what you want...He looks young but some ranches want all eights taken out at 3.5....like I said, depends on your ranch plan....some of the folks on TBH will never see a deer that big and would shoot a 110" 8 point just as fast...

Comment

Unless you want a bunch of 8s running around, you better shoot him.

Comment

fattest 3.5 year I have ever seen

Comment

Looks 5+ to me. If he is the lower end of those age classes why keep him? Sell to the highest bidder and pay on the feed bill!

Comment

Pass

Comment

That deer I feel is 6 or older with great food. He definitely needs to go. I think he may get bigger next year but I doubt it is a huge jump. Heck of a cull. Someone is going to be lucky to shoot him.

Any more pics of the deer that are on the shoot list?

Comment

Beautiful 8 but I would have to take him out!

Comment

Working...
                                X