No announcement yet.

Fiberglass tank blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's looking nice, I did one a few years back but put Deerview window with screens so I can get crosswind they get really hot.

Comment

I want to build one of these!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        Thanks everyone, I think Trey just named her!!

Oh man, what an honor.

You are doing a heck of a job, sir.

Comment

Nice work. I need to get started on mine. Its still sitting in the side yard

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
            Nice work. I need to get started on mine. Its still sitting in the side yard

Tyler just asked if you had posted anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tyler just asked if you had posted anything.

Might start on it a little bit this weekend. Not looking forward to cutting into it

Comment

Fiberglass tank blind build

Use one of these and a dust mask. Works great.

Comment

See if you can thread that PVC plug from the inside, make a nice hole to video out of.

Comment

How hot do these babies get? LOVE the design and look.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      See if you can thread that PVC plug from the inside, make a nice hole to video out of.
                      That was the original plan. BUTTTTT, I didn't get my floor with the trap door in the correct place. Now the plug is to far to one side. Plus at the time I hadn't thought of trying the standard pvc fitting, and wasn't sure how I would fill it. Oh well, what fun would it be it it all worked out perfect!

Comment

Nice work Brian. Looking forward to pics with it in the field.

Comment

We just had our 2100 gallon water tank crack at the lease. Time for my own build!

Looks Great.

Comment

That was the original plan. BUTTTTT, I didn't get my floor with the trap door in the correct place. Now the plug is to far to one side. Plus at the time I hadn't thought of trying the standard pvc fitting, and wasn't sure how I would fill it. Oh well, what fun would it be it it all worked out perfect!
                            Awesome build BTW. I put bottom trap doors in all of my elevated bow blinds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome blind should last forever!

Comment

Well I didn't post because I was a little worried I might be on the on the 10:00 news! "Giant deer stand causes traffic jam".

But she rode great and we made it. Got her stood up yesterday. It was so easy! Put the legs on and braced them. Then put a strap over the top and hooked it in the window opening on the underside. Tied that to the jeep and pulled it right up. I really think if we would have had 3 guys we could have done it with out the jeep. Plus she landed exactly where I wanted it and almost perfectly level. Got the windows installed and caulked. Did forget curtain material but I can do that next time. Did have some old artificial Christmas tree limbs that I attached to the bracing, hopefully it will conceal me getting in and out a little.

Finished off the evening with a T-bone, grilled squash and some scotch, watching the flags wave!

Comment

Working...
                                X