22WMR / 22 Mag Rifle Reviews Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    I bought a Henry from someone on here, can’t remember who, but I love it. It’s much more accurate than the 9422M I used to own. Better trigger too.
    I had a 9422m and it was really junk for what it was worth. I never could get it to shoot good and sold it for 800.00 to a collector I have a Henry lever 22mag but aint never shot it.

I carry a Ruger American in 22mag on my mule, its ok for beater gun.

Comment

The pmr30 is fun to shoot, accurate but loud. Its light weight and easy to carry.
      Oh how I wish Ruger would make the 10-22mag again. Bet they would not be able to keep them in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
        The pmr30 is fun to shoot, accurate but loud. Its light weight and easy to carry.
        Oh how I wish Ruger would make the 10-22mag again. Bet they would not be able to keep them in stock.
        Why did they quit making them, was they junk?

Comment

I have the savage A17 and its very accurate very impressive for a semi auto . also have the marlin 922M semi auto 22mag its hard to find and very pricey but well worth the money if you can find one very accurate and has never jammed or hung up .

Comment

I love the Henry. I also have a Ruger 96/22 in 22wmr. Lots of fun and slick little sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
              don’t get a remington 597 22mag they are junk won’t cycle half the time and some times just goes clunk when you pull the trigger
              I’ve had one for about 15 years, never had a single issue with, and haven’t cleaned her up as much as I should.
              I also have the CZ 455 and it is a dream tack driver.

Comment

I have a Ruger 77/22mag. It wasn't perfect when i got it, but after a little trigger work, and i shimmed the 2 pc. bolt and free floated the barrel, it's pretty good now, and has a great action. Also have a Marlin bolt gun, 925,I think. i just did a trigger job on it and it has a rougher action than the Ruger, but shoots every bit as good, maybe better with some loads, and cost about half the money...

Comment

I have a Ruger american and love it. I’ve killer two fox and two coon with it so far. 1 1/2 group at 100yrds all day long.

Comment

Go with a Magnum Research and be done with it.

Comment

I have a Marlin 25M. (magazine fed bolt action) Second gun I ever purchased on my own. Once I added a second action screw and performed a pen spring trigger job, it shoots very good groups. Thinking about a boyds thumbhole stock for it. Brother had a savage .22 mag auto, after it went back to the factory for the second time and still wasn't reliable, he moved it on.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                        DOC how long have you had your 597 ?
                        i think i got mine right when remington was really letting their QC go the heck
                        it’s really a shame remington let itself get into so much trouble. they were always my go to hunting guns !
                        Have had it for several years, one of the older ones for sure.

For the OP, if money is not an issue I would find a Magnum Research semi auto with synthetic stock. Great gun.

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                          Have had it for several years, one of the older ones for sure.

For the OP, if money is not an issue I would find a Magnum Research semi auto with synthetic stock. Great gun.
                          Yeah I hear those magnum research rifles are the bees knees. Just hard to fork over ~$700 for a "truck gun" but then again I know I'll probably have it the rest of my life...

Comment

I have the marlin bolt action in that caliber. I just got it. Shoots great! The bolt is a little sticky but I'm sure some time and oil will work that out. I've only put maybe 20 rounds through it.

Comment

I carried a PMR 30 for several years at our ranch. Super lightweight, 30 rounds of firepower, and I love the 22 mag. But the noise was too much for me. That sucker seems louder than a 357 mag. I went back to my old trusty Ruger MKIV.

Comment

Narrowing it down... at the top of the list now is the Henry Small Game Carbine and entertaining the idea of a bolt action. No matter what I get I want to keep up around 36-38" OAL or under.

Comment

Working...
                                X