Dad made it home!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad made it home!!

Earlier this year I had to send my 77 year old Dad to Fla to live with my younger brother. Mom was recovering from surgery and had an emotional breakdown under the load of being a caregiver to my dad, his parents previously until their death, as well as his great aunt. She just had too much. My Dad had a great time with my brother. He was in the early stages of dementia and had kidney disease that had him in dialysis treatments 3 days a week. He was still ambulatory and could carry a conversation though his memory was failing and was confused. Mom finally got to a point over the last 4 months where she felt she could deal with Dad coming home. We set up an assisted living apartment did all the leg work furnishing it and setting up dialysis for him to come back. He went last Thursday for a treatment before boarding the plane to Texas. His port was blocked so they said admit him to the ER when he got back and they would unclog the port and give him a treatment. He got to Texas around 11:30 on 9/19. He walked in. I was in the room with him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed because he needed to use the restroom. I had asked for someone to come assist. As I turned to go back to the door to check on someone coming to help he fell into the floor off the bed and hit his head. His head was split open in a gash and he took two gasping breaths and stopped breathing and his heart stopped. I had just singed a DNR. As it was happening I called my brother who was the medical POA. They intubated him and began cpr. In total they shocked him 19 times. He was taken to ICU and I called mom at 5 am to come see him. She promised to bring him back to Texas and did. He wanted to come home and did. She held his hand and said "Honey it's me. I'm here and I love you." He turned his head opened his eye and nodded in affirmative. After that he fell into a medicated state. He suffered and massive heart attack and the doctor told us to let him go. We decided that was best and stopped life support. He passed late Friday night. He was a great Dad and husband. He introduced me to the outdoors and began the love I have for hunting and fishing. I will cherish him always. He made it home not in the way I had imagined. His eternal home. I appreciate the love and support from many friends and family who have sent prayers. Many who are members here. Thank you. Miss you Dad.

So sorry for you loss. Prayers for you and the family.

Comment

GOD BLESS. prayers up

Comment

So sorry for you loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers for your family.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that he is no longer in any pain and has a new body and refreshed mind.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Tough losing your dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Glad your dad is in a better place, but not easy losing a loved one here, especially a father.

Comment

So sorry to hear, God bless

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

Comment

My condolences Sir.

Comment

More prayers for you and your family.

Comment

So sorry for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X