No announcement yet.

Tearing out a flooded house cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samaritan’s Purse is a ministry based org that helps with that for another resource, free to homeowner

Comment

Buddy had a water leak in the lake house that went unnoticed for a month.

He just paid $9K to have the first floor gutted, to 4’ up the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        Green screen work day?
        I'd be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I am pretty sure Kurtis did all the work during his Harvey flooding and he doesn't want the *** whipping again so he's trying to find out what it will cost him for somebody else to do it. That's what I gathered anyway from knowing he just went through this.
          Your 95% right. Me and 3 buddies did it 2 years ago and they wouldn’t take any money. Tomorrow we will be doing it again but I’m going to pay them no matter what! I was just looking for a fair price so they wouldn’t agure with me lol.

Comment

Pay them 20 per hr. That's what I payed my crews during Harvey.

+ dump fees and materials

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
              Your 95% right. Me and 3 buddies did it 2 years ago and they wouldn’t take any money. Tomorrow we will be doing it again but I’m going to pay them no matter what! I was just looking for a fair price so they wouldn’t agure with me lol.
              Well now we have the full story. With that labor, good food and cold beer. Only a bad friend would try and pay more.

Comment

when I helped do a K9 guys house last year we saw one Sawzall get zapped when the operator hit a strand of romex. We all laughed while eating fried crappie and having a beer afterward

other than the house damage it was a good time really

Comment

I bet they still won't take your money, I wouldn't and won't from others I help. You could always make a donation in their name to an organization that is helping other in your area.

Comment

Friends won't take your money but you can organize a thank you bash afterwards. Maybe a BBQ or a fishing trip or whatever.

Follow up thought...if they won't let you pay them, then pay for their deer processing or something along those lines.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I found a local guy that took all the sheet rock off the walls and ceiling for $500 and he even hauled it away.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you are going to pay going rate to your friends why would mess it? Just pay going rate to contractor and yall go play a round of golf.

Comment

Leave the razor in the toolbox.

Pull the tape loose.

Going rate is about 1.25 a foot

Comment

I went through this twice in Katy on 1200 sq ft. The first time I hired one of the mitigation contractors and paid around $10,000 for tear out dehumidifiers and spraying the mold bs. The second time we got help from a number of volunteers including Christian Brothers Automotive and only paid a mitigation company to dehumidify and spray the mold bs. IIRC the cost of the dehumidifiers was around $3500 for 5 days. The mitigation companies will insist on tearing out EVERYTHING which on the second experience we found it not necessary to destroy the cabinets if they are wood and the plywood has not delaminated. We broke out the backs of the cabinets an removed the doors to dry out. MDF or particle board can’t be saved. Drill some 1” or larger holes in the kick boards of the cabinets to dry under them. Get chlorine bleach applied ASAP. The mold bs the contractors use is Sporocidin. Smells like a hospital and cost about $30/gallon online. No license required.

Comment

We did everything ourselves after Harvey with the help of friends and family. I even did all of the dry out and mold remediation stuff myself. I have two dehumidifiers I can loan you. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X