Tearing out a flooded house cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tearing out a flooded house cost?

What’s average cost hire someone to move all flooded stuff out and stop 4’ of Sheetrock on a 1200 square foot house?

No help at all but prayers and a bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
      What’s average cost hire someone to move all flooded stuff out and stop 4’ of Sheetrock on a 1200 square foot house?
      Man, no help on price. Problem will likely be availability of hands in the short term. I would het to work on sheetrock and insulation yourself as quickly as possible. Bleach in a sprayer as well. Hate to hear. Best wishes. Went through the same with my parents x2. 4800 sq. ft. single story. Water in each room.

Comment

Kurtis, not sure how it would work in your area, but many, many of the homes in our local area were cleared by volunteers from local area churches. That's the first place I'd contact... my local church, or churches in your area... We have teams ready right now at our church ready to go out into homes in Kingwood to start that process ...again!! We did almost 300 after Harvey just in Kingwood!! Soon as water goes down where I can get out of my area, I'll be headed in to join a crew that will be mudding out my daughter's house... AGAIN!! She flooded in April...
        Good luck sir, and do your best to keep Weston out of that water!! ...some nasty stuff in flood waters.

Comment

String line, razor knife and 4 or 5 guys can get that done by lunch time. Biggest deal is getting fans or dehumidifiers running. Id offer my help but cant till sunday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am pretty sure Kurtis did all the work during his Harvey flooding and he doesn't want the *** whipping again so he's trying to find out what it will cost him for somebody else to do it. That's what I gathered anyway from knowing he just went through this.

Comment

Stand by for insurance rates increase...…….
              I'm no help...……
              sorry, man...……….

Comment

I can send a fan or two if anyone needs one. Prayers for yall.

Comment

Green screen work day?

Comment

If it was my house I would salvage what I can go buy all the tools I needed and be at Home Depot by 6:30am with a $1000.00 bill in my hand for 5 guys. Take the, home and have them remove everything 4’ down. If the wife is going to try and pick through things as they are working it will just slow things down. Less than $1 a square foot.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Kurtis, not sure how it would work in your area, but many, many of the homes in our local area were cleared by volunteers from local area churches. That's the first place I'd contact... my local church, or churches in your area... We have teams ready right now at our church ready to go out into homes in Kingwood to start that process ...again!! We did almost 300 after Harvey just in Kingwood!! Soon as water goes down where I can get out of my area, I'll be headed in to join a crew that will be mudding out my daughter's house... AGAIN!! She flooded in April...
                      Good luck sir, and do your best to keep Weston out of that water!! ...some nasty stuff in flood waters.
                      This is correct. I’ve seen it many times. Good Luck Sir and prayers for you

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I am pretty sure Kurtis did all the work during his Harvey flooding and he doesn't want the *** whipping again so he's trying to find out what it will cost him for somebody else to do it. That's what I gathered anyway from knowing he just went through this.

I just talked to my son-in-law, and he told me "we ain't touching a thing"... I ain't got it in me to do it again... He's already called his insurance company and he has a crew that is supposed to start tomorrow... I'm sure that's what Kurtis is thinking too!! I will ask my SIL if he got a price and let you all know.

Comment

Definitely be in contact with the churches. Like the guy above said, I don’t know how many houses we did but we ran out of houses to gut.

Comment

From a Facebook post of an old friend (Maggie Flowers) of mine who lives in Nederland whose husband, Randy, does this:

Certified carpenter available for clearing, cleaning and repairing flooded homes, leaks in roofs and repairing other damages that may occur. Randall Flowers 409-728-5355.

Comment

Kurdawg, check with local churches, some of them will be taking requests to tear out sheet rock. Get on their help list. Free labor. Our church did several hundred houses during Harvey. If you have a Church Family, they will help. The B-Air Blowers dry a wet floor and walls real quick. We used them today and they are awesome.

Brother my heart goes to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X